Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pages and comments plugin
Add easily comments in your pages.

I've uploaded to extend the Pages & comments plugin v3.2beta: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/pag...ments/427/.
This version is more easy and simple.

Test Web:
- System comments in Cumbe's web
- System comments with users: Pages with users

FEATURES:

- Works with GS31 and GS332
- Include comments in pages.
- Form with more security.
- From Admin > pages, settings system.
- Backup system.
- CSS system. CSS file is in /plugins/pages_comments/pc.css.
- Works with fancy url on and off.
- Support bbcode
- Send email to notify using standar function or class phpmailer.
- Join to plugin frontend user plugin is possible have system of comment with user registered.
- Shows recent comments in settings.
- Customize the tittle of form for each page.
- Moderated comments if you want.
- From version 3.1beta: new pagination system.

SUMMARY

With this plugin we can do 2 mainly things:

1. ADD COMMENTS TO PAGES CREATED BY GETSIMPLE from Admin > Pages.
To add the comments system, simply go to Admin > Pages > Pages&comments:
*Button 'Add Comments to Pages', there we see all the pages that don't have the comments system included. Click in 'Add' and later edit the options to choose if you want captcha, emoticons, etc.
It is possible NOT to have comment in a page, choosing the option of 'No' to the comments; thus this page could be a contact form.

2. USING THE FRONT END USER PLUGIN of mikeh, we can have comments in pages, but only registred user or login in user can write comments in that page; example in: http://www.cumbe.es/page-with-users/
In case that a page has marked 'Members only' in his configuration from Admin > Edit page, only this page will be seen if the user is logged in.

More instructions in extend.
This plugin seems very good but I wonder if is I18N searchable or if you have in mind to add a search functionality.
This plugin uses normal GetSimple pages for news/blog posts, so they're fully I18N Search-able.
Just realized that after the download Carlos Smile
Great plugin cumbe. Can you manage facebook comments to work on this script?

It would be great.

Thanks
Kovalj Wrote:Great plugin cumbe. Can you manage facebook comments to work on this script?

It would be great.

Thanks
Havie you tried RobA's external commenting http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/ext...enting/73/ ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Carlos Wrote:This plugin uses normal GetSimple pages for news/blog posts, so they're fully I18N Search-able.

Haven't tried the plugin yet but it sounds like an interesting news/blog alternative. You say it is I18N searchable and uses normal GetSimple pages, does this also mean it works with the I18N plugin and basically works on multi-language sites?
Draxeiro Wrote:
Carlos Wrote:This plugin uses normal GetSimple pages for news/blog posts, so they're fully I18N Search-able.

Haven't tried the plugin yet but it sounds like an interesting news/blog alternative. You say it is I18N searchable and uses normal GetSimple pages, does this also mean it works with the I18N plugin and basically works on multi-language sites?

I've made bluebusiness theme compatible with pages&comments, and I can confirm that p&c is i18n compatible.
You just add pages to p&c's category, and choose the page where you want to show pages from that category.
That makes sense, but isn't fully automatic.

If this plugin automatically adds pages with certain tags to its prepared categories, then it would be a complete solution for a blog/news page.

It still needs some work on content's structure, but it's a minor thing.
yojoe Wrote:If this plugin adds automatically add pages with certain tags to its categories, then it would be a complete solution.

Do you mean something like: if you save a page with a keyword/tag like _group:MyGroup, then it gets automatically added to P&C's group MyGroup ?
Carlos Wrote:Do you mean something like: if you save a page with a keyword/tag like _group:MyGroup, then it gets automatically added to P&C's group MyGroup ?

Exactly!
Since meta info is cached in pages.xml I think it could be done pretty easily.
Along with SA Tags plugin everything should be easily administrable.

As it goes to plugin itself, blog type option needs more formatting, as its hard to stylize with currently used tags structure.
Ah, i understand.
In next version this will be done...

Thanks Carlos and Yojoe for the idea.

I'm looking for a way of that each one can to use his own template for blog and comments, but still i am studying this.
Hey,
what about the redirect after posting a comment. It always kicks me back to my default domain ... maybe something to do with my page ? (hosted on a subdomain like xxx.yyy.de) or a bug on the script ? I also tryed to change the redirect to the "java history back" variant. but also didn't work Sad
Hi itsjustme,
It is a bug; If you has hosted on a subdomain like xxx.yyy.de, this may fail...
The problem is in /pages_comments/check.php.
I will try fix this bug.

Regards.
Cool, that would be great.
Cumbe: when I try to post a reply to newest comment, everything is ok.
But when I try to add a reply to an earlier comment, it shows up as a second reply to latest comment.
It doesn't show up in the right place.

I think there's something wrong with comments ID and subID.
All top lvl comments are having ID=0.
Hi yojoe;
Can you send me the plugin by email?
With you theme BlueBusiness something of javascript does not work.
I have not been able to repeat that mistake.

I send you a private with my email.
Hi itsjustme.
After to see the problem, i think that is not a bug. You web xxx.yyy.de is equal to yyy.de/xxx. This is the problem.
Anyway, i will change the metod of redirection in next version.

Regards.
I like the blog feature, had one issue with it, it took me awhile to realize that group ids didn't have to be numeric. And that was what the function ls_pagesblg('') was looking for, I was using the caption.
(group: name, number, name+number,...) just confused me even more.
The field is short like a numeric one and it center aligned. should be long and left aligned for alphanumeric inputs.

Also you abbreviate alot of stuff its hard to know what all the options are.
no. order
image ?
huh ?
category stuff isn't lined up
free 1?
free 2?

Maybe clean up the UI a bit to more self explanatory.

A way to auto tag news posts, or include a group dropdown in the page options would be neat.

Also gravatar support.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
shawn_a Wrote:I like the blog feature, had one issue with it, it took me awhile to realize that group ids didn't have to be numeric. And that was what the function ls_pagesblg('') was looking for, I was using the caption.
(group: name, number, name+number,...) just confused me even more.
The field is short like a numeric one and it center aligned. should be long and left aligned for alphanumeric inputs.

Also you abbreviate alot of stuff its hard to know what all the options are.
no. order
image ?
huh ?
category stuff isn't lined up
free 1?
free 2?

Maybe clean up the UI a bit to more self explanatory.

A way to auto tag news posts, or include a group dropdown in the page options would be neat.

Also gravatar support.

Thanks shawn_a for you comments. Bit a bit will improve the plugin.
yojoe Wrote:Cumbe: when I try to post a reply to newest comment, everything is ok.
But when I try to add a reply to an earlier comment, it shows up as a second reply to latest comment.
It doesn't show up in the right place.

I think there's something wrong with comments ID and subID.
All top lvl comments are having ID=0.

Hi, i have found the problem. The system has a error if the page has the comments moderated.
The system works good if the comments are not moderated.

I will try to fix this bug.

Regards
Hi Cumbe,
great plugins. by the way, i m using pages and comment plugin, but the capthca image doesn't show. is that has any to do with theme. currently i am using vtbfree-4 theme..
Hi revonet,
If you have enabled captcha for this page, then check permissions for the folder plugins/pages_comments.

In the theme you don't have anything.

Regards.
okay, i have changed permission of the plugins/pages_comments set to 755, then.. it works! thanks alot.
Cumbe:

Great plugin!

I use your news and comments plugin on my site (www.bozonline.com). How is this different? Is this an update of that plugin with a name change?

If so, is there an "upgrade" path so I don't have link everything up again, etc.

Also, a way to turn comments off by default would be great, as I use Rob A's external commenting plugin driven by livefyre.

Thanks Again,

Boz
Hi Boz,
Pages & comments is the evolution of news&comments, but like it has many diferents things i have created a new plugin.

With Pages & comments you can disabled comments from settings.

You have to reconfigure again, because there is a lot of changes, but is easy.

Regards.