Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pages and comments plugin
Check permissions for folder and files of plugins/pages_comments, for 'other'.
If the owner isn't "www-data" or 'web' you must put for 'other' permissions of read and execution.
I have the permission set to 777. Now, Internet Explorer tell me the same Error as Firefox and the Message is now displayed as a Comment.
In settings of pages_comments, do you have written an 'email'? or is it 'empty'?

because I think that the problem is that 'email' is empty

Regards
omg, yes. Now it works. Sorry for that stupid thing from me. Many many Thanks for your help!
The email address was not the problem. Today I have tried many things, the worm is somewhere in there, but I do not find him. Unfortunately, I can not go into details for lack of English skills. Nevertheless, thanks for the help!
Yes it MUST be an url. Smile My bug was kinda different, because I intentionnally used a slash (I modified the configuration so I could only use "/" instead of a full url). With Pages_comments, you MUST use an url at this place. Smile

But your problem seems to be different anyway... If the url in Admin Panel/Settings/Website is correct, and if you recursively used a 777 on /data/ and /backup/, I don't know what's going wrong... Sad

(2014-04-23, 17:33:51)Christian Wrote: Yes, it seems to be the same bug.

"I would advice you to check the url under back end panel" Can you tell me in detail what you mean? When I go to Admin Panel -> Settings -> Website URL and write a "/" instead of the full URL, it does not work. I think you mean something else, but my english... sorry for that.
Upload to extend new beta version 3.1.
Fixed small bugs and new system pagination.

Regards
Upload to extend new beta version 3.2
Fixed small bugs.

Regards
I've got
"Notice: Undefined variable: sidel in /var/www/u4978547/data/www/planeta-cars.ru/plugins/pages_comments.php on line 994"
after all coments.
what is "sidel"?
also by investigation I find this
Code:
if ($ncusr=='Y'){        
if (isset($_SESSION["LoggedIn"])){
  news_form('none', 'y', $log_file, $EMAIL, $count, $at, $capt, $vemot, $moder, $ncusr, $phpmailer, $pcomnwords, i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_reply'), $sidel);
}
echo '</div>';
} else {
  news_form('none', 'y', $log_file, $EMAIL, $count, $at, $capt, $vemot, $moder, $ncusr, $phpmailer, $pcomnwords, i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_reply'), $sidel);
echo '</div>';
}
? why not:
Code:
if ($ncusr=='Y'){        
if (isset($_SESSION["LoggedIn"])){
}
} else {
}
echo '</div>';
? and what is
Code:
i comment it for hiding Notice.
Also
I replace as shown
Code:
//    echo '<div style="text-align: center;"><h3>'.strtoupper(stripslashes(html_entity_decode(i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_NCMNG')))).'</h3></div>'."\n";
    echo '<h3>'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_NCMNG').'</h3>'."\n";
in pages_comments.php
Code:
//    echo '<br /><h3 style="font-size: 16px;">'.strtoupper(i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_settl')).'</h3>'."\n";
    echo '<h3>'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_settl').'</h3>'."\n";
in pcsettgs.php
Code:
//    echo '<br /><h3 style="font-size: 16px;">'.strtoupper(i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_hlp')).'</h3>';
    echo '<h3>'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_hlp').'</h3>';
in summary.php
to correct headings in Russian
========================
also
nav better look like this
Code:
echo '<div class="pc_nav">'."\n";
    echo '<style>
    .pc_nav a:link {background-color: rgb(65, 90, 102); border-radius: 5px; color: #EEE; margin-left: 0px; padding: 3px 5px; text-decoration: none;}
    .pc_nav a:visited {color:#DDD;}
    </style>'."\n";
    echo '<a href="load.php?id=pages_comments&amp;action=pc_last"    title="'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_lastcom').'">'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_lastcom').'</a>'."\n";
    echo '<a href="load.php?id=pages_comments&amp;action=pc_viewpages"    title="'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_NEWS').'">'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_NEWS').'</a>'."\n";
    echo '<a href="load.php?id=pages_comments&amp;action=pc_manager"    title="'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_mng').'">'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_mng').'</a>'."\n";
    echo '<a href="load.php?id=pages_comments&amp;action=pc_backup"    title="'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_bckup').'">'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_bckup').'</a>'."\n";
    echo '<a href="load.php?id=pages_comments&amp;action=pc_setting"    title="'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_settl').'">'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_sett').'</a>'."\n";
    echo '<a href="load.php?id=pages_comments&amp;action=pc_help"    title="'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_hlp').'">'.i18n_r('pages_comments/pc_hlp').'</a>'."\n";
========================
also next switch instead of if
Code:
switch (@$_GET['action']) {
     case 'pc_viewpages':    include ('pages_comments/pcviewpages.php');    break;
     case 'pc_manager':    include ('pages_comments/pcmanager.php');        break;
     case 'add_pages':    include ('pages_comments/pcaddpages.php');    break;
     case 'del_pages':    include ('pages_comments/pcdelpages.php');    break;
     case 'edt_pages':    include ('pages_comments/pcedtpages.php');    break;
     case 'pc_viewcom':    include ('pages_comments/pcviewcom.php');    break;
     case 'pc_backup':    include ('pages_comments/pcbackup.php');    break;
     case 'pc_setting':    include ('pages_comments/pcsettgs.php');    break;
     case 'pc_help':    include ('pages_comments/summary.php');    break;
     case 'pc_last':    include ('pages_comments/pclastcom.php');    break;
     default:        include ('pages_comments/pclastcom.php');
    }
========================
Also
Code:
function Viewmore(id){
with(document.getElementById(id).style) {
  if(display=="table-row") { display="none";}
  else if(display=="none") { display="table-row";}
}
}
========================
Also
Code:
//order
switch ($eleg) {
default: $eleg = 'A';
case 'A': $num = 0; break;
case 'D': $num = $dnlLen; break;
}
I was wondering where I might change the color of the text which displays the name of the commentor just above the actual quote, I can't seem to find it in the css file.
any snippets to show resent comments in the sidebar ?
Does this work with http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/new...dated/541/  News Manager or did I do something wrong? The comment box shows up at the bottom of the the news posts (created using the News Manager) but the comments don't appear after pressing send, no pop up box saying "thank you" and no email is sent alerting me to any new comments.  When I press send, it takes me to the "Blog" page that I set up where the list of posts to appear  Works on that page , but not within the individual posts created from inside  News Manager.
All I can say that it indeed works. See at my website, for example below this post.
I'm using News Manager 3.1 and a little bit custom-edited (just HTML and CSS) Pages & Comments 3.
Try a different host, the problem might be there, or just do a PHP debugging.

I'm graduating tomorrow, no time for details, hope this helps Smile
Tomáš Janeček - Multilingual personal website powered by GetSimple
» The little I did for GetSimple
Good Luck with your graduation. Maybe someone else can help me.

I did a sanity check and installed this on a different development site on my PC, using xampp on win8. Innovation (default) theme. Firefox with no add-ons.

Same issues as on my production site.  Comments work fine on normal pages, but for pages made by the news manager, the form is there but it doesn't post anything.

It also does not show in the list of "Pages with Comments" any of the News Manager pages that I added the "Comments & Pages" to.

I am running News Manager (updated) plugin. This one: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/new...dated/541/

Am I using the wrong News Manager?  

Anyone?
Not working with GS Blog either. I created a blog post with GS Blog, enabled the comments & Pages integration with GS Script and when I go to "add comments to page", the blog post doesn't appear anywhere for me to be able to add comments to the page that the blog post is on.

<bummed out>
(2015-05-30, 11:24:40)joyofweaving.com Wrote: Good Luck with your graduation. Maybe someone else can help me.

I did a sanity check and installed this on a different development site on my PC, using xampp on win8. Innovation (default) theme. Firefox with no add-ons.

Same issues as on my production site.  Comments work fine on normal pages, but for pages made by the news manager, the form is there but it doesn't post anything.

It also does not show in the list of "Pages with Comments" any of the News Manager pages that I added the "Comments & Pages" to.

I am running News Manager (updated) plugin. This one: http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/new...dated/541/

Am I using the wrong News Manager?  

Anyone?

Confirmed, doesn't work using News Manager (updated) 3.1 and Pages & Comments 3.2. 

Errorlog shows:
Code:
PHP Warning:  session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at .../theme/knacss GS/template.php:18) in .../plugins/pages_comments.php on line 345
Hi

I'll try with new version of getsimple and new manager, but I think it should work well. With Blog system doesn't work.

Regards
Hi again,

I have tested and I have not any problem: http://cumbe.no-ip.org/gs335/news/

Getsimple v335
News manager update v3.1

Only works with news manager.

I think that something you are doing wrong.
Instructions:
1) Create news posts in news manager.
2) In Settings of pages-comments, enabled 'integrated with newsmanager' and choose that page is for news (the same that news manager)

3) To go 'Add comments to pages' and add the news posts of news manager to comments system.

Sorry for my english....

Regards
(2015-05-31, 04:26:48)cumbe Wrote: Hi again,

I have tested and I have not any problem: http://cumbe.no-ip.org/gs335/news/

Getsimple v335
News manager update v3.1

Only works with news manager.

I think that something you are doing wrong.
Instructions:
1) Create news posts in news manager.
2) In Settings of  pages-comments, enabled 'integrated with newsmanager' and choose that page is for news (the same that news manager)

3) To go 'Add comments to pages' and add the news posts of news manager to comments system.

Sorry for my english....

Regards

Did everything you said right, commenting doesn't work. Same issue as joyofweaving.com specifies.
Thanks for replying. I'm at my wits end. I've done exactly, step by step, as the instructions tell me and I did it for the 5th time, again, exactly as you have instructed, (which is how I have been doing it this entire time). Same results. I'm going to record my desk top and post a link to a video so you can see what happens.
It does work when Fancy urls is dissabled
It works for me but only on regular pages. I can't get it to work on the News Manager created pages. I'll try agani with the fancy URLs removed (and I think I tried that at one point and it still failed but I'll check it again---thanks). If I add the comments to the News Manager pages, that page doesn't show up on the list of Pages that has the comments added to it, either. I can't remove the comments from those page since they don't show up on the list. I'm working on putting together a video which will take me a few days but I'll get it posted eventually.
OK, I turned off the fancy URLs and a comment was posted (THANK YOU!). At least we are getting somewhere. However, in the P&C list of "recent comments" & "pages with comments"...the comment is not listed under the "recent comments" and the page is not listed under the "pages with comments". I would not be able to moderate any of the comments posted and we know what a nightmare that could become.
Update: I added comments to every page I ever created and now everything is showing up on their respective lists. There is still no comments showing on the list of "recent comments" for the one news manager post that I made a comment to.