Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web Designer Advertisements on Get Simple CMS
I already use Get Simple to Power my Website and I've started seeing an ad on the side of my page when I'm logged in. I'm considering using Get Simple to power some of my clients websites but I can not have this ad on the site if I do. I do not want a website that I design showing my clients ads to find my competition. Is there a way I can remove this?

I'm not trying to be selfish or anything. It's just healthy competition. If I make it that easy for my clients to find other designers and they offer a better price than I am then I lose money.
I am guessing you are using a theme you downloaded? I would assume it is part of that. In any case I have never seen this on any GS website yet so I am pretty sure it is not a 'feature'.
Draxeiro Wrote:I am guessing you are using a theme you downloaded? I would assume it is part of that. In any case I have never seen this on any GS website yet so I am pretty sure it is not a 'feature'.

Completely agree... which theme are you using? Can you attach a screenshot?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
My theme is custom made. I developed it from scratch and I updated the CMS and it started showing up. I'm not sure why it's there.
This is a screenshot of the ad.
That IS odd.... so when does it show? When you mousover the tiny GS logo in the admin?

Just tried it with a customer 3.1 site that is live. Nada.

I assume you downloaded the 3.1 version from this site? When did you update?
It shows a tab on the side of the page and occasionally it slides out. It happens every time I login. I've tried going through all of the script on the site and can't find anything that is controlling it. I got frustrated that's why I posted on here. It's been a couple of weeks since I updated, but I just now really paid attention to it.
what plugins do you have installed ?
My Github Repos: Github
I am using:

I18N Custom Fields
Simple Image Gallery
p01-contact
Admin Tab Loader
Are you sure this isn't coming from your web browser or your web host. Are you using a free web host, have you followed the links to see who is hosting this service ? Or maybe your host is compromised.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Have you checked in another computer? Just in case you have some sort of malware...
I'm using a paid host with multiple website and none of the other websites have it on there. It maybe caused by one of my plugins I may just have to try doing a fresh install.
Ok I just had it happen on another one of my sites. I'm contact my web host because I'm not supposed to have any ads. Thanks so much for all the help but it's on my web host. :/