Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Menu Bug
I'm getting a weird menu bug on a page that I had initially created under one title (Articles) then changed to another (electrical safety) when I decided not to use a master Articles page. The original page title (Article) still showed up in the menu, but when I clicked on it I would see the Electrical page. I have since deleted the Electrical page, even though I have no access to it in Pages, and have deleted the other page as well. The menu item Articles still lives on the menu, but goes to the home page.

I then created a new page with the page title Articles, and put the Electrical Safety content back on. It reassociated itself with the orphaned menu item.

I then tried to rename the menu item to Electrical Safety, and I'm back to the same problem - I now have 2 menu items going to the same page and I still have no way of removing Articles from the menu.

Can someone tell me where the menu items reside in the file structure? Perhaps I can go in on the back and and delete the duplicate reference.
1) without any URL nobody can check and help you to find a solution

2) did you clear the browser's cache?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Yes, I did. I ended up solving the problem by manually going into the pages folder in data and deleting the ghost xml page. It's not a permanent solution, however - I am certain the menu bug is easily replicable and I fear that my end users will end up in the same pickle if they name 1 page with the same title (which is how I ended up with the problem in the first place). Is the page title the primary key for data retrieval and editing?
the page's slug is important
you can define the page slug manually, otherwise the page title is used as slug (slightly converted because of special characters etc.)

there are some situations:

1)
if you create another page with the same title (and don't specify a page slug), the page-slug is created like "page-slug-2"

2)
but if you rename a page and re-arrange it's situation, the page slug is kept (that might confuse users)

I still can't understand what happened exactly at your side and as you did not tell us which version of GS you used (3.0 or 3.1) I can't start to reproduce it
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I have had this issue before, of course i just fixed it the same way after being frustrated. I wasn't concerned about what it was doing , just fixing it.

But it would be nice to nail down the exact issue and cause, to see if we can change behavior to prevent it in the future.

If you get a chance to rewrite your issue with exact steps of how it happened or how to reproduce, that would be great. If not maybe someone else will figure out exactly what is happening.

It does sound like a ghost menu record issue, and or a update issue regarding the first issue before you deleted it with the wrong title showing up or old slug linked.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix