Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple 3.1.1 (BugFix) Beta Available
Change log: http://get-simple.info/start/changelog
Download: http://get-simple.info/download/

Mike and I tried to keep this strictly a bugfix release. There have been quite a few worthy recommendations given out lately, but we plan to save those for version 3.2. This is just to fix some of the more egregious errors in the 3.1 installation.

Post here if you see any problems, or if you see only good things. Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
I will announce it at get-simple.de, thanks for your work!
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Chris,

To save me and others from having to re-upload the whole thing again on various client websites, is it also possible to upgrade those bits and bobs by either making the changes manually (although that would be a bit cumbersome) or just replacing the involved files?

In that case a sort of upgrade zip would come in handy and might make things easier, saving the full upload/upgrade route for full version upgrades.
hmm how are you maintaining betas? Is there a branch somewhere or a changelist merge?
Or are you doing it manually outside of svn?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
the current svn trunk is the beta. We will tag it as a release when it becomes 3.1.1
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:the current svn trunk is the beta. We will tag it as a release when it becomes 3.1.1

Ok was just curious, sounds easy enough for a small team.

But it would be nice to have an experimental branch or personal shelfs so we can safely release betas without worrying about adding new features at the same time to main trunk, or having more contributors. But i'm sure nobody has time to handle all the maintenance and merges at this time.
ccagle8 Wrote:Post here if you see any problems, or if you see only good things. Thanks!

I see better things :-)

Though still needs some polishing, r695 is much, much better than current 3.1 stable. The only thing I would fix to release 3.1.1 would be the issue with selecting text in the theme editor.

However I see there have been more changes in the svn, some of them headed for 3.2.
Is 3.1.1 finally not going to be released?
carlos - i didn't notice that... Shawn must have started b/c Mike and I have been quiet for a while. Let me see what we can do to break off his changes for 3.2 and set 3.1.1 back to before those.

Sorry for moving at a snail's pace guys...
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:carlos - i didn't notice that... Shawn must have started b/c Mike and I have been quiet for a while. Let me see what we can do to break off his changes for 3.2 and set 3.1.1 back to before those.

Sorry for moving at a snail's pace guys...

Thats ok, Sorry about that, I never got any answers so I had to start committing stuff to get it off my plate, in case any major bugs needed addressing. Let me know if you need changelists.
@carlos, the theme editing selection should be fixed now in the SVN.
My Github Repos: Github
Great, Mike. Now the text selection highlighting works perfect.

However:
- the grey border around the editing area has disappeared
- line height is smaller now, it's a bit tight. IMO it looked better before.

Tested with Firefox 11 and IE8. I've compared r709 (or r710) to r706.
I see the border is back, in r711.

To fix the line height, I've done a quick test and this seems to fix it. Insert line-height: 1.3em; (or maybe 1.4em) in .CodeMirror-lines { ... } (codemirror.css)
@carlos, thanks for that.. updated...
n00dles101 Wrote:@carlos, thanks for that.. updated...

Looks like .codemirror has dup entries for font and line height
ccagle8 Wrote:Post here if you see any problems, or if you see only good things.
I see almost only good things – just the Beta status to clear ...

Sorry to appear impatient, but are we nearly there yet ? ;-)
--
Nick.
hameau Wrote:
ccagle8 Wrote:Post here if you see any problems, or if you see only good things.
I see almost only good things – just the Beta status to clear ...

Sorry to appear impatient, but are we nearly there yet ? ;-)

What changes do you need ? The editor stuff ?

Can we cut patchsets between betas ?
Or create a beta branch and pull changelists into it ?

Or do you mean 3.1.1B to release candidate?
If its still those editor issues outstanding, another beta will need to be cut before that can happen.

All of my changes can be reverted for a beta merge.
but
r700 is a bug fix for issue 300
http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/...&start=200
Draxeiro Wrote:Chris,

To save me and others from having to re-upload the whole thing again on various client websites, is it also possible to upgrade those bits and bobs by either making the changes manually (although that would be a bit cumbersome) or just replacing the involved files?

In that case a sort of upgrade zip would come in handy and might make things easier, saving the full upload/upgrade route for full version upgrades.

I second this idea!
small bug foung when debugging other things:

Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/mysite/data/other/user.xml):
failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/mysite/admin/inc/basic.php on line 257

and in fact there's no user.xml file inside data/other but there's a directory named users with all username.xml inside
Thanks files a bug issue.
shawn_a Wrote:What changes do you need ?
Frankly, it's so long since I looked at v3.1.1, I can't remember which bits were the most attractive. Certainly disabling CodeMirror is one of them.

For a minor bug-fix release, it seems to be suffering severe mission creep.
--
Nick.
We should be releasing 3.1.1 by the end of the week.
I was 99.9% ready to push 3.1.1 live, ut...

I found a problem - when you try and edit a page, it prompts me "are you sure you want to leave this page" when i try to save it. We need to fix this before I push it live. I'm not sure who made that change Smile
- Chris

Strange, I'm not seeing this at all..
really? i upgraded the getsimple site with this and anytime i click save, it pops up with a 'are you sure you want to leave' message. I cleared the cache thinking that might have been it - but it still happened.

I was on Chome on Windows 7
- Chris

Dear Chris,

ccagle8 Wrote:... it pops up with a 'are you sure you want to leave' message. I cleared the cache thinking that might have been it - but it still happened.

Can confirm the message ... Safari on Mac OSX 10.7

Romain