Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
www.overstowey.com
http://www.overstowey.com
Transferred my Parish Council site to this platform and gave it a total redesign. Very pleased with it, it's looking very smart. So pleased I may upload the theme for you guys. I am maybe going to put a php random image selector in so that the header image is different every time you load a page.

GetSimple is ideal for this kind of site because we can use it just like a notice board and alter and add to the content whenever we want.

I used a counter provided in cPanel. Is there a GetSimple counter add-in? I couldn't find one.

Tim W
Look for the hitcount plugin in extend.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I updated this site with a new theme this week
very nice
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
The background images are of a very small resolution. Too small for (for example) 1680x1050 where they look awfull. Something to consider?

Is there a reason that on wider browser size the images get zoomed in? This does not make it look better.

For the rest, nice theme.
(2014-03-31, 19:50:51)datiswous Wrote: The background images are of a very small resolution. T...

You are right. I just used the images from my old theme which were only 740w x 200h thinking I might find new ones another day.

You wouldn't want to be loading an enormous image to view it on a phone. You could specify in your media queries images of different resolutions for different screen sizes I suppose. I think where the images are already a bit misty or out of focus and they haven't been too heavily compressed it works better.

The zoom effect is just what happens when you have
background-size: cover;
the background grows with the div to always cover it. Better than repeating I think here.
Ok, I think double the resolution would still work fine on an iphone.

Btw. If I download the images and view them outside my browser, colors seem slightly different. Maybe something to do with srgb? Tested in Firefox and Chrome.
(2014-03-31, 20:26:19)Timbow Wrote: You wouldn't want to be loading an enormous image to view it on a phone. You could specify in your media queries images of different resolutions for different screen sizes I suppose. I think where the images are already a bit misty or out of focus and they haven't been too heavily compressed it works better.

Don't forget that some handheld devices (e.g., with Retina displays) have a higher resolution than many laptops.

I have found will-in-wi's Resize filter to be very useful with a Skeleton theme (and for general use, where users upload images straight from the camera ... =-O).
--
Nick.
Very elegant and professional.
I like its colors and photos.
Good work!

(2012-04-22, 07:54:15)Timbow Wrote: http://www.overstowey.com
Transferred my Parish Council site to this platform and gave it a total redesign. Very pleased with it, it's looking very smart. So pleased I may upload the theme for you guys. I am maybe going to put a php random image selector in so that the header image is different every time you load a page.

GetSimple is ideal for this kind of site because we can use it just like a notice board and alter and add to the content whenever we want.

I used a counter provided in cPanel. Is there a GetSimple counter add-in? I couldn't find one.

Tim W
My website made with GetSimple CMS is

Arte & Società
www.artesocieta.eu

An indipendent website about Italian Contemporary Visual Arts