Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plugin Developers: Hook Requests
GetSimple 2.0 introduces a plugin system that works off of "hooks".

Please post your plugin hook requests in this topic. Please try to be reasonable and to explain why you want a hook in that particular place.

Do not ask what a hook is. If you are not familiar with this type of system, then please wait for our documentation to come out later down the road.

Thank you.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Place: New page

Reason: Upon creation of new pages allow us to update things by adding certain functions to that area. Like twitter_update($page_title, $page_slug); upon page creation a twitter post would be made.
http://nijikokun.com
random stuff. idk.
@Nijikokun - So only when a new page is created? You wouldn't want this if an existing page was changed?
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Can we try and keep this thread for Hook requests only as we'd like to get them ready for version 2.

I should have documentation and a custom fields plugin ready soon to allow you to see how the whole thing works.

Thanks Mike.
My Github Repos: Github
Place: Admin Menu

Reason: Adding another menu item. Maybe you could create the menu, then add "admin_menu" as a hook so we can develop plugins that utilize the menu.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
Great idea internet54 - we've already gotten that one in there! Smile Mike added it first along with sub-menus for each of the main sections: Pages, Files, backups, Support, etc.
- Chris

n00dles101 Wrote:Can we try and keep this thread for Hook requests only as we'd like to get them ready for version 2.

I should have documentation and a custom fields plugin ready soon to allow you to see how the whole thing works.

Thanks Mike.
It was a hook request. I want one in creation/editing of pages.
random stuff. idk.
Hi Nijikokun,

yeah got it, and noted.. . my post was in response to some chat about plugins which have since been moved..

Mike.
Sorry Mike & Nijikokun - My bad here - I moved a bunch of misc requests as Mike alluded to...
- Chris

What about BEFORE the site is loaded? Like if you make the common.php, inside there for debugging / benchmarking? Or misc stuff that could go before the page/system?
random stuff. idk.
Yup, already got those in there too.

In index.php there should be 2 hooks, one before and after your template files are rendered.

Mike.
Sorry if you took notice of this, but it got moved so just posting it back here incase.

My idea is, some sort of gallery. That way it will add that great touch for designers or soon to be like myself to post / show their images. Pull from a folder on the FTP. Scale them down to a size say 200x200 then when you click it it opens in that fancy box. Could take a while but i'm sure your up to it Chris Wink. I've got faith in you
Visit my portfolio website: http://graphixant.com
Hi oToom,

We've moved it to another topic.

We want to keep this thread only for Hook requests, which will be used in the backend for the plugin system. Once we get all of those in place we can document the system and you and others can design and share your plugins.

Mike.
Will there be a hook integrated into the new menu system?
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
There will be hooks into the sidebar menus and also to the Nav bar.

As space is limited on the navbar we may have to limit plugins adding new tabs here.

I'm looking into your idea of a hover on the plugins tab with a submenu into which you can create
entries.

Mike.
What about in the health check area? For maybe plugins that need certain things to be 755 / 777?
random stuff. idk.
Nav-Tab for the normal (non-admin) menu
jamiewhiskers Wrote:Nav-Tab for the normal (non-admin) menu
The normal menu is completely dependent on your theme. As everyone codes this in his or her own way I don’t think we can force a hook there. You probably would want to hook your menu to the index-pretemplate hook if you want to do anything with how your pages are rendered.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Zegnåt Wrote:
jamiewhiskers Wrote:Nav-Tab for the normal (non-admin) menu
The normal menu is completely dependent on your theme. As everyone codes this in his or her own way I don’t think we can force a hook there. You probably would want to hook your menu to the index-pretemplate hook if you want to do anything with how your pages are rendered.

Think I might not have explained myself properly. Basically a way to add the plugin directly to the normal navigation. For instance if you wanted to make a shopping cart plugin, at present I believe you you would have to make a Page and add the function directly to it, so a user has access.
Sending Mail

So i can use the data submitted by the mailform to build an Office document(e.g. .odt http://www.odtphp.com/ ) and attach it to the mail.
Sanddorn Wrote:Sending Mail
The current roadmap wants to break the email form out of the core and into a plugin. Once that is done there is nowhere to put a hook any longer so that hook will probably not be introduced.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
@Zegnåt It would be really sweet if we can get a copy of the new road map as far as for 3.0 I know its probably a ways away but
it would be cool to see what to expect!
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
OWS_Matthew: It's not as much as a roadmap, but an issues list, but it's what we are using at this moment to keep track of changes that are needed: http://code.google.com/p/get-simple-cms/issues/list
- Chris

I'd love a hook in the language file, so that i can add new language elements on a per plugin basis. It makes things simpler and we don't have to get developers to customise the language file.
Nothing is too difficult... anything is possible.
'But you tried, and you failed.. the important thing? never try'
crashfellow - I haven't tried it, but what happens if you just add to the array of $i18n like
Code:
$i18n['new-key'] = 'My New Title';
- Chris