Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first GetSimple website
While doing a small website for a client, I bumped into GetSimple and gave it a shot. While I wait for the client to populate their site, I decided to do mine quick. I'm quite pleased with the results though as GetSimple makes you feel in total control of how you want things done without too much tweaking.

I certainly will use this CMS for future projects.

Haven't tested yet but hope there aren't too many bugs on it. please see url below

www.3rdedge.co.za
It looks like a fine site but I know you will want to know it isn't displaying correctly for me in Firefox11 on Windows. In the header there are images on the left and Text on the right. Half the text is covered by the images.

Luckily it is a Sunday so you can put it right before the other professionals come back on Monday morning. I will delete this post and nobody will know. :-)

T
What are you using to make the header images change? I have been looking for a simple system for that.

T
Timbow Wrote:It looks like a fine site but I know you will want to know it isn't displaying correctly for me in Firefox11 on Windows. In the header there are images on the left and Text on the right. Half the text is covered by the images.

Luckily it is a Sunday so you can put it right before the other professionals come back on Monday morning. I will delete this post and nobody will know. :-)

T

Oh thanks for trying that out. I'm on Mac with same version of Firefox. Will see how I can fix for Windows.

No need to delete though.
Timbow Wrote:What are you using to make the header images change? I have been looking for a simple system for that.

T

For that I've used the I18N Gallery plugin, you can also just add the images and text in the backend to make updating easier.
Timbow Wrote:It looks like a fine site but I know you will want to know it isn't displaying correctly for me in Firefox11 on Windows. In the header there are images on the left and Text on the right. Half the text is covered by the images.

T

Funny enough, I have tested on Windows on my other machine and it looked okay but will be gradually refining the whole thing to make it work.
This is what I get. Same in Opera.
Timbow Wrote:This is what I get. Same in Opera.

Oh I see, I might know why that is happening beacause I tried to tweak the gallery to work on that space.

Thanks for noticing that, hope i will find a solution pretty quick.
You didn't set a fixed minimum width for div#slider for non tablet/phone browsers, and didn't centerize it.
.span2 width is also too short
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:You didn't set a fixed minimum width for div#slider for non tablet/phone browsers, and didn't centerize it.
.span2 width is also too short

Thanks for noticing that quick. Gives me somewhere to start off. I will look at it quick.
mvinyu Wrote:
Timbow Wrote:This is what I get. Same in Opera.

Oh I see, I might know why that is happening beacause I tried to tweak the gallery to work on that space.

Thanks for noticing that, hope i will find a solution pretty quick.

Hi Timbow
I hope this update doesn't break too much in some browsers. My browsers seem to display what i intend to see. In time I will be adding some further skinning just to improve the look and feel.

Thanks for your help