Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GS model: nuts and bolts
Can someone walk me through briefly the general model for this CMS. I've built 3 sites and doing my 4th with GS and haven't had time to really understand the nuts and bolts of this. Ive touched on the template tags (customized as well), CSS, HTML and JS to get these built. I am more of a front-end guy then back-end but want to extend in the future. Perhaps this is a stupid question I don't know but I am really wanting to understand how it really works. Like for example; There x amount of php classes which handle the the functionality then print to the xml and the xml displays the information to the client. Is that what its doing? Is there an ebook on this? Wink

Sorry if this has been asked before and if this is the wrong thread

Thanks!!

Lance
It's all mostly procedural code.

1. learn php
2. You should be able to do enough with plugins, you don't needs to learn the entire core.
3. If you want, the core files are in inc/ folder, mainly common.php, basic.php, theme_functions, and template_functions.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2014-08-19, 00:26:36)shawn_a Wrote: It's all mostly procedural code.

1. learn php
2. You should be able to do enough with plugins, you don't needs to learn the entire core.
3. If you want, the core files are in inc/ folder, mainly common.php, basic.php, theme_functions, and template_functions.

booyah! thanks!~