Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue Cloning sites - Sitemap question
Hi,

I copied a website over to a new domain and changed the info in Settings - everything is working correctly EXCEPT if I generate a sitemap, it generates it to the old domain.

Looking at sitemap.php, I don't see anything out of the ordinary that would cause it to sitemap the old site that I had copied this site from. I also don't see anything in the configuration or settings that has the old sitename, so I could use a hint as to where that might live.

Also, another issue - if I'm in Settings, I get this error when I update anything, but the update shows as valid (that is, the field changed). I have already CHMODd all of the folders/subfolder so I don't understand why I would still get that error.

Error: Unable to continue: Unable to write config file. CHMOD 777 the folders /data, /backups and their sub-folders and retry

The site is http://completehomeinspectionservice.com/

Thanks!
p.s. I just checked a previous site, and there, when I generate my site map I just get :
Error: Your sitemap could not be generated

It doesn't say why or how to fix it, just error.
please tell us the output of the server's health check (you find that in admin => support)
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Both want me to upgrade to 3.1 but frankly I'm a little afraid to, as I don't know what else that might break.
I did upgrade another site to 3.1 and that sitemap works - is that the issue?
I just installed a fresh v 3.1 on a brand new site and when I go to edit settings (to change the password), I get the error message

"Error: Unable to continue: Unable to write the configuration file. CHMOD 755 or 777 the /data, /backups folders & sub-folders and retry."

Now, the folders are already 777 -R and when I edit the settings, the changes take, but nonetheless I would like to know what file this error message is triggering off of.

Running the following commands does NOT make the error message go away.

chmod -R 777 data
chmod -R 777 backups
chmod -R 777 admin

At this juncture, I have not done anything but FTP the 3.1 version up there, run install, rename the temp.gsconfig and temp.htaccess files and set the path on .htaccess. I have not added any plugins or themes or data, so it's a little bewildering why the system would be displaying an error at this point (and one that isn't relevant, since it is apparently keeping the changes I enter in settings.

Please help me to understand what's going on. Thanks.

p.s.
GetSimple Version

GetSimple Version 3.1 - Latest version installed
Server Setup

PHP Version 5.3.8 - OK
cURL Module Installed - OK
GD Library Installed - OK
ZipArchive Installed - OK
SimpleXML Module Installed - OK
Apache Mod Rewrite Installed - OK
For more information on the required modules, visit the requirements page.

Data File Integrity Check

/data/pages/index.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/404.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/authorization.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/components.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/pages.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/plugins.xml XML Valid - OK
/data/other/website.xml XML Valid - OK
/backups/users/grassfrog.xml XML Valid - OK
Directory Permissions

/data/pages/ 0777 Writable - OK
/data/other/ 0777 Writable - OK
/data/other/logs/ 0777 Writable - OK
/data/thumbs/ 0777 Writable - OK
/data/uploads/ 0777 Writable - OK
/data/users/ 0777 Writable - OK
/data/cache/ 0777 Writable - OK
/backups/zip/ 0777 Writable - OK
/backups/pages/ 0777 Writable - OK
/backups/other/ 0777 Writable - OK
/backups/users/ 0777 Writable - OK
.htaccess Existence

/data/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/uploads/ Good 'Allow' file - OK
/data/users/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/cache/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/thumbs/ Good 'Allow' file - OK
/data/pages/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/plugins/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/other/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/data/other/logs/ Good 'Deny' file - OK
/theme/ No file - OK
Is this solved? I'm having the exact same problem. My site check is all good, and permissions are set to 777 on all files and directories that are triggering the problem, but it still shows the error.
The error is a fairly generic one.

The only 2 files settings saves are website.xml and the user.xml.

xmlsave does 2 things, and I admit it needs to be changed one day.

It saves the xml and then chmods it to either GSCHMOD or 0755.
It will throw an error, the same error most of the time, if either the write fails OR the chmod fails.

You can try to set your GSCHMOD to a lower setting say 0644, perhaps your host is not allowing certain chmods or perhaps not allowing chmod at all. In which case it could also be a owner issue.

Since php did not generate these files, and you moved them most likely php does not own these files and cannot chmod them. You need to chown them or somehow get them changed.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I just got the same problem in the admin/settings.php when moving a site from localhost (3.2.0) to a public webserver (5.3.3). When storing the General Settings I got:

"Error: Unable to continue: Unable to write the configuration file. CHMOD 755 or 777 the /data, /backups folders & sub-folders and retry."

The website healthcheck tells me all is OK. In the FTP the permissions for all folders and files are set correctly. Including rootfiles.

The errorlog is telling:

PHP Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /var/www/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/admin/inc/basic.php on line 310

(Btw the host is running by vhosts)

Changing permissions to 0644 or something else did not solve the problem. Is there a solution? I could not find one in this forum.
It seems more and more hosts are disallowing chmod by php user, no fix for it yet.
We throw that error if either the chmod fails or the actual save fails, so it can be misleading even if the file saved.

Also chmod can only be performed by the owner of the files, which is not always php when you ftp the files.

More than likely its the same answer as above, chown the file.
You could try loading settings, renaming the website.xml and pressing save, if php recreates the file it might be the proper owner.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix