Download using recommended link
Install and update is successful

Theme = Innovation
News-Manager, i18n, i18n Search and i18n Gallery

Just verified with clean installation an News-Manager only
This GS 3.1 installed on Apache on a Macintosh. Not public, but local
I don't get it.

Which plugin ?
Where did you get it from the first time ?
How many times did you refresh the plugins page ?

exact reproduction steps if this is a reproducible bug would help , thank you.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
There are 2 bugs I can think of.

I think they might have been fixed.

Plugins page won't detect changes if file count doesn't change.

Plugins page requires 2 reloads to show proper info.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
As in first message:

1. Download and install plugin
  2. See yellow flag on plugin tab in admin
  3. Check list
  4. Plugin just installed needs updating
  5. Download using recommended link
  6. Install and update is successful

But! It doesn't repo on a live host.

It really sounds like "Plugins page requires 2 reloads to show proper info", but only by the title.

Since the second time is the charm, it's no big deal.

"Troll in the dungeon! Thought you'd want to know."
shawn_a Wrote:There are 2 bugs I can think of.

I think they might have been fixed.

Yes, that was fixed in 3.1.1 beta.
I am not sure if this is related to this specific post, but I am experiencing "Plugin Weirdness" as well.

Most, if not all, plugins in GetSimple are supposed to be installed by simpling extracting to the /plugins/ folder and then refreshing the Admin page (from what I can tell).

I have the following plugins installed:

[Image: GetSimple_Plugins.png]

In the /plugins root, however, I only show the following php files (I believe there should be more):

anonymous_data.php
InnovationPlugin.php
news_manager.php
p01-contact_gs.php

I am particularly interested in getting all of the I18N plugins to work, especially the Galleries plugin.

All directories on the site have 755 permissions set. The gsconfig.php edit that is often referenced for allowing site wide cookies is supposedly not required for version 3.1, and I did not see the referenced line in the config file.

I am running the site in a subdirectory (http://mysite.com/getsimple/) while developing on a Network Solutions server. The main site and the admin pages all appear. The URL renaming also appears to work properly.

My major issue right now is not being able to work with the plugins (refreshing the plugins page multiple times does not help).

Any advice on what setting or requirement is missing, please let me know.

Regards,

Jeremiah
jeremiah.holder Wrote:In the /plugins root, however, I only show the following php files (I believe there should be more):

Definitely, you need to have all the files from the plugins' zip files and in the case of I18N plugins they definitely include a PHP file in addition to the directory.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Thanks for the quick response.

What php files should be in the root of the /plugins directory?

For example, with the I18N Gallery plugin, which files in the root of the extract i18n_gallery.zip should be moved into the /plugins/ directory?

I moved the .php files from each of the individual plugin directories to the root /plugin directory. Since doing that, my plugins page does not load. Apparently, I need to be selective about which .php files go there (also where is the xml file that lists the plugins so I can verify/edit?)

Regards,

Jeremiah

mvlcek Wrote:
jeremiah.holder Wrote:In the /plugins root, however, I only show the following php files (I believe there should be more):

Definitely, you need to have all the files from the plugins' zip files and in the case of I18N plugins they definitely include a PHP file in addition to the directory.
jeremiah.holder Wrote:What php files should be in the root of the /plugins directory?

For example, with the I18N Gallery plugin, which files in the root of the extract i18n_gallery.zip should be moved into the /plugins/ directory?

You have to unzip the plugin files to your /plugins directory, i.e. for I18N Gallery you would have a directory i18n_gallery and a file i18n_gallery.php directly in your /plugins directory.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.