Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I18N Gallery not fully working- s3Slider
Hi All,
Bit of a Newbie and have just started to use GetSimple and so far I love it. I am looking into a possible solution for schools in the county for a friendly and usable CMS system

Having a slight issue with one the I18N Gallery plugin, have been through the code but cannot find out why its not fully working and am wondering if someone else has come across a similar issue?

Most of the galleries work except for s3Slider (nothing shows at all) and Cycle (the first picture shows with a huge border at the bottom but does not cycle.

I have followed @mvlcek advise on his webpage for installation but can confirm it doesn't rectify the issues I am having.

Any help, advice or thoughts are greatly received.

I have set up (for the time being) a dedicated s3Slider page if anyone fancies having a look:
http://www.survey.cict.org.uk/getsimple/...d=s3slider

Thanks
Richard
richard2233 Wrote:Hi All,
Bit of a Newbie and have just started to use GetSimple and so far I love it. I am looking into a possible solution for schools in the county for a friendly and usable CMS system

Having a slight issue with one the I18N Gallery plugin, have been through the code but cannot find out why its not fully working and am wondering if someone else has come across a similar issue?

Most of the galleries work except for s3Slider (nothing shows at all) and Cycle (the first picture shows with a huge border at the bottom but does not cycle.

I have set up (for the time being) a dedicated s3Slider page if anyone fancies having a look:
http://www.survey.cict.org.uk/getsimple/...d=s3slider

You are calling jQuery.noConflict(); - thus $ is no longer defined, when the gallery uses it.

You should install some developer tools like "Web Developer" (Firefox) in your browser - than you would have immediately got a notification (red icon) and have seen the error "$ is not a function".
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:You are calling jQuery.noConflict(); - thus $ is no longer defined, when the gallery uses it.

You should install some developer tools like "Web Developer" (Firefox) in your browser - than you would have immediately got a notification (red icon) and have seen the error "$ is not a function".

Thank for the quick response mvlcek! I used to use Firefox a fair bit but started getting hung up on the code inspector in Chrome. Looking at the error console in Firefox you are completely right however where are you seeing the jQuery.noConflict() as I cant find that in my code?

Thanks again
Richard
richard2233 Wrote:Thank for the quick response mvlcek! I used to use Firefox a fair bit but started getting hung up on the code inspector in Chrome. Looking at the error console in Firefox you are completely right however where are you seeing the jQuery.noConflict() as I cant find that in my code?

Not sure, I don't see it anymore. But (now) you don't include jQuery.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:You are calling jQuery.noConflict(); - thus $ is no longer defined, when the gallery uses it.

Update,
I did find one "jQuery.noConflict();" in the code which was actually another plugin (Google maps) but deleting that out still hasn't resolved anything.

Rich
Update again.
After Deleting the Google map plugin I then retested which didn't work but I had forgotten that I had "Do not include jQuery" ticked in the settings area as after @mvlcek highlighted the error I was playing around with the settings and forgot to untick that box again.

For anyone who is having a similar issue the Google map plugin I had installed was:
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/google-map/109/

Just want to say aswell thank you for your support Mvlcek as well as all your hard work on the plugins! Very much appreciated! I hope that once I get a bit more time to be adding to the community of GetSimple with themes and plugins.

Cheers
Rich