Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple Forums Hacked - Upgraded
The hacking attempts on get-simple.info have been coming from an older version of the PunBB software (about 90% sure).

I've upgraded the forums to the latest version. Please post here if you see something that inst working properly because of the upgrade. Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
One other thing of note: Extend and the Wiki both use the Forum's authentication... so watch out for oddities there too.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Ouh that is not good. I have checked now my files and profil, there is all ok =)
Best regards,
Nico
I am glad it seems to be stopped now!
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:I am glad it seems to be stopped now!
I surely hope so...
- Chris

Just tried to open the Website with Opera and I get a Security warning of AVG (i dont even have it installed) with "This website contains harmful content...."

Just wanted to inform you, but this is kind of shocking to users seeing the site for the first time..
Of course i reported this as failure to avg
ccagle8 Wrote:I've upgraded the forums to the latest version. Please post here if you see something that inst working properly because of the upgrade. Thanks!

@ccagle8: Please enable the button bar on posts/replies again.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
thanks mvlcek - i didnt see that it needed upgraded too. I added them back - albeit the new version of them are pretty ugly.
- Chris

Connie - this new upgrade doesn't really seem to be stemming the Spam posts does it?
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:thanks mvlcek - i didnt see that it needed upgraded too. I added them back - albeit the new version of them are pretty ugly.

That wouldn't really matter, if they worked...

I suppose that there's something missing (JS error "PUNBB is not defined").
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:
ccagle8 Wrote:thanks mvlcek - i didnt see that it needed upgraded too. I added them back - albeit the new version of them are pretty ugly.

That wouldn't really matter, if they worked...

I suppose that there's something missing (JS error "PUNBB is not defined").

ughhhhhhhh
amazing how jarring a small interface appearance change can be, when you use something daily.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Iceweasel (Firefox) v.12 will not longer remember nor auto-fill login details. This happened once before – exactly the same symptoms and I've tried the same possible resolutions, with no success.
--
Nick.
Did the punbb.common.min.js script go MIA during the upgrade? You get PUNBB is not defined errors now if you try to use the formatting buttons when replying.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
sal - I just added that script back in and now there are more errors. This forum software is a piece of crap.
- Chris

Odd, I'm not sure whats happening but it's a little bit shot in that department. Also, your copy of that script is here.

One other thing you might want to do to discourage spammers is rel="nofollow"-ing links in posts and signatures, somehow.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
simple as is:
Quote:PUNBB.pun_bbcode.insert_text('
Quote:','
')
Unhandled Error: Cannot convert 'PUNBB.pun_bbcode' to object

CC: did you look at the antispam script for punbb I've linked to ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe - what does that script do? I didnt see any antispam post. Can you post it here? sorry..
- Chris

ccagle8 Wrote:yojoe - what does that script do? I didnt see any antispam post. Can you post it here? sorry..
I've send a notification while sending some repports.
And afair this plugin was proposed some time ago, but there were problems with it.
But fancy stop spam was updated, and judging by comments it seems to do its job.
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/post/144686/#p144686

the question is if all recent spam post were posted by spambots/spamscripts or by a living "creature".
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:the question is if all recent spam post were posted by spambots/spamscripts or by a living "creature".

It doesn't matter, StopForumSpam is a blacklist so even human spammers get added.