Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
GS Blog v1.4
(2013-01-30, 05:16:41)SteveSy Wrote: thanks jesusda its very useful code ,, plz i need your help if you can !

i want to display the recent three post from a specific category in excerpt mode with its thumbnail and read more link ,,, i made it using show_blog_recent_posts(true, null, true, true); but without category!! so how can we edit the code to show specific category ?

thanks in advance

Sorry so much, but my php skills does not allow me to improve much more the GS Blog for help you.

Let me know if you can do thad or anyone cand do. Wink

Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)

(2013-02-03, 11:14:29)SteveSy Wrote: hey any help please ! i tried to upload the thumbnails and it works with internet explorer !! but on mozilla or chroume the error appears and says " Could not save uploaded file.The upload was cancelled, or server error encountered "

anyone faced the same problem ?

I have no test the "upload file" tool on IE, cause I only use GNU/Linux, but in Firefox and Chromium, tue "upload file" does not work, only works to type the filename and upload to the pics main folders.

It will be great someone fix this issue.

Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)
I'm having read more problems.
I think this problem was already addressed in an update.
What could I be doing wrong?

Also, I'm using this plug-in and RSS Import.
I've noticed that since I've uploaded the local host site to the actual online server that RSS Import doesn't work. Could there be a conflict between the RSS functions of these plug-ins?

Thanks.

Homer
Hi everybody
Well I have a kind of a draft site.
It's in Russian.
I tried to install GS Blog 1.5 under GS 3.1.2 The problem is "Read More" link.
The page to display blog posts is here: http://ivostrikova.com/news/
I have a post on the page. The post is displayed like an excerpt.

The anchor at the header of the post points out to the page which displays the entire post and that's all right, it works if we click it.
<h3 class="blog_post_title"><a href="http://ivostrikova.com/news/post/intro_12_02_2013" class="blog_post_link">Кратко о курсе</a></h3>

Then I tried to display the "Read more..." link.
And it looks like <a href="" class="read_more_link">More</a> in the source.

So this link is useless because it points to nowhere, it just reloads the current page when clicked. I expected that "Read more..." link should look like this:
<a href="http://ivostrikova.com/news/post/intro_12_02_2013" class="read_more_link">Кратко о курсе</a> to display the page that contains the whole post like <a href="http://ivostrikova.com/news/post/intro_12_02_2013" class="blog_post_link">Кратко о курсе</a></h3> does. Then this link makes sense.
Fancy URLs are on, Health check is OK.
Did anyone have the same trouble?
Hi vladislav,

Please, open the file blog/inc/frontEndFunctions.php and chek there are this code over the line 88:

PHP Code:
                if(!isset($_GET['post']) && $blogSettings['displayreadmore'] == 'Y')
                {
                    echo 
'&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp<br /><a href="'.$url.'" class="read_more_link">'.$blogSettings['readmore'].'</a>';
                }

?>

As you can see, the href="" value has to contain the $url param.

This must be solve your problem. Wink
Thanks, jesusda!
I'm next to nothing in PHP, and you must be a wizard.
It works!
(2013-02-14, 04:15:50)vladislav Wrote: Thanks, jesusda!
I'm next to nothing in PHP, and you must be a wizard.
It works!

Thank you! I had no much idea about PHP, but I do better I can. Wink
Thank you! Wink

(2013-02-18, 06:46:34)lakechicago Wrote: Help. I've enabled thumbnails in the settings but it's not displaying images that I embed in the post.

What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks.

Don

Must be work.
Have you check the html output or you can check the img you want to show is still accesible vía url ?

Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)
I'd like to create more space between my post excerpts on my Page to display blog post. I'd like to simply add a <br> or two. Where is the appropriate slot on the plugins/blog/inc/frontEndFunctions.php to do that?

Thanks.

Homer
I have a client which depends on publishing his news / blog posts on Facebook. Facebook only grabs the home page when he paste the post link.

Is there any way to make the browser title be the url of the post, and to make Facebook grab the post content and pictures?
(2013-02-23, 04:22:23)RogerD Wrote: I have a client which depends on publishing his news / blog posts on Facebook. Facebook only grabs the home page when he paste the post link.

Is there any way to make the browser title be the url of the post, and to make Facebook grab the post content and pictures?

You could use RSS Graffiti

Wink

(2013-02-22, 21:49:43)homershines Wrote: I'd like to create more space between my post excerpts on my Page to display blog post. I'd like to simply add a <br> or two. Where is the appropriate slot on the plugins/blog/inc/frontEndFunctions.php to do that?

Thanks.

Homer

A better way to do that is using CSS.

Add this CSS directive to your template CSS:

Code:
.blog_post_container {
  clear: both;
  padding-bottom: 3em;
}

you can change padding-bottom to add more or less distance between post. Wink

Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)
(2013-02-23, 05:17:48)jesusda Wrote: [quote='RogerD' pid='33386' dateline='1361557343']
I have a client which depends on publishing his news / blog posts on Facebook. Facebook only grabs the home page when he paste the post link.

You could use RSS Graffiti

Wink

RSS Grafitti seems just right, but I have a problem with special characters. Æ, Ø and Å do not show correct reading RSS feed and all html is included, making the post read not good. Anyone know how to solve this?
(2013-02-22, 21:49:43)homershines Wrote: I'd like to create more space between my post excerpts on my Page to display blog post. I'd like to simply add a <br> or two. Where is the appropriate slot on the plugins/blog/inc/frontEndFunctions.php to do that?

Thanks.

Homer

A better way to do that is using CSS.

Add this CSS directive to your template CSS:

Code:
.blog_post_container {
  clear: both;
  padding-bottom: 3em;
}

you can change padding-bottom to add more or less distance between post. Wink

Salu2 de jEsuSdA 8)
[/quote]

Many thanks.

Homer
Using the command, <?php show_blog_recent_posts(1); ?> creates errors in the w3schools html5 validator.

Links to the blog post use & signs, however they are not escaped with the &amp. Is this something to ignore?

<a href="http://......./index.php?id=blog&post=another-test-post">Another Test Post</a>

: & did not start a character reference. (& probably should have been escaped as &amp;.)
(2013-02-28, 02:16:37)roemhildtg Wrote: Using the command, <?php show_blog_recent_posts(1); ?> creates errors in the w3schools html5 validator.

Links to the blog post use & signs, however they are not escaped with the &amp. Is this something to ignore?

<a href="http://......./index.php?id=blog&post=another-test-post">Another Test Post</a>

: & did not start a character reference. (& probably should have been escaped as &amp;.)

It is better to use &amp; instead &.
I think it would be changed on sourcecode. Wink
Hello,

how to display DATE next to recent post list called from <?php show_blog_recent_posts(); ?> ?

Thanks.
Any suggestion about DATE next to recent posts list <?php show_blog_recent_posts(); ?>

??
Hi,

great plugin. But any ideas on the addthis feature of adding the title. eg if I like to tweet a post it shows the main page title and url but I want to share the post-title and post-url

I have tried to edit the frontEndFunctions.php but nothing works
Love the plugin, but is there any way to disable the WYSIWYG editor for blog posts? I use a theme based on Bootstrap and like to add lots of html code to my posts. The editor seems to change the html of my posts at random which I find annoying.

Thanks!
Finger in... Lick it. Tastes nice.
(2013-03-08, 14:23:07)MasterMic Wrote: Love the plugin, but is there any way to disable the WYSIWYG editor for blog posts?
Thanks!

Maybe you could find here a solution: http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=2145

Good look!
jEsuSdA 8)
I have a problem when editing. For example, I am copying content from other site and paste it to editor. The results is same (text formating, images, etc). But when I'm doing re-edit blog post, the images tag doesn't apear (deleted). Also when attach images from file manager by wysiwyg. It seems replaced quote syntax.

I am following this success:
(2013-01-01, 02:50:08)Carlos Wrote: 1) probably happens because this plugin (like some others) is designed to work only on PHP with magic quotes gpc disabled.

Depending on your server, might be fixed by adding this to your GS root .htaccess file:

Code:
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

(2013-01-01, 03:00:48)Ed at ISI Wrote:
(2013-01-01, 02:50:08)Carlos Wrote: 1) probably happens because this plugin (like some others) is designed to work only on PHP with magic quotes gpc disabled.

Depending on your server, might be fixed by adding this to your GS root .htaccess file:

Code:
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc off

Works!

Thank You, Sir!

But not luck. Still got a problems... Who can help me to fix this problem?
Hello,
Just installed the addon and works great except that the date does not appear under the title. I have made sure the "Show Date" is selected in the settings, the <p class="blog_post_content"> appears in the code but no date.
I am in Australia so the the format is actuall dd/MMM/YYYY but I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Also I have the GS local (XAMPP) which should not be a factor but thought I'd let you know.

Any ideas on where to look so the date appears?
Thanks
Just did an update from 1.2.2 to 1.5 and blog isn't working anymore Sad
Blog messages are showing on front but can't edit them or can't manage posts in admin. Are blog-custom-fields still supported? Attached screenprint after all blog entries deleted.

* EDIT 1 *
I found out that it was the Dutch language file, selecting US gave back the right tags. But still buttons & links are not responding?

* EDIT 2 *
Found it, everything works! Didn't delete /blog/ directory but overwrite it ;( and 2nd an old NL language file (again).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi all!

I have a problem with gs-blog plugin. I'm using it as a catalog and I want to create custom field called "price" which must be displayed in short description of the post (like "tags" if I enabling them). How can I do this?

And another question. I'm showing my blog (catalog) categories in sidebar. Is there any solution to stylize "current category" something like class "current" for categories?

Sorry for bad english

Thanx
Hello,

please,
when i use <?php show_blog_category('TOP'); ?>
How to set to display only two news ?

thanx
When I try using the GS blog to share an post on Face Book (Blog Settings - Enable ShareThis tool) , when I click on the link on my Face book opens a page with all blogs, not open page article. Can you help me?

blog_share_problem
I'm trying to conquer a layout/display issue.

Client wants 3 boxes with blog content posted by category in each box.

If I plug the following code into the news page, I get what I want (sans styling and fine-tuning data since I haven't styled yet) but then immediately followed by all the posts due to the call for page content.

Code:
<div id="news-display">
    <div id="news-category">
        <div class="news-header">News</div>
        <div class="news-holder"><?php show_blog_category('News'); ?></div>
    </div>
    <div id="press-category">
        <div class="news-header">Press Releases</div>
        <div class="news-holder"><?php show_blog_category('Press Releases'); ?></div>
    </div>
    <div id="events">
        <div class="news-header">Events</div>
        <div class="news-holder"><?php show_blog_category('Events'); ?></div>
    </div>

If I remove the call for page content, I eliminate that issue. However, when I pull the article up, I get only a list of blogs and no post. If I try using a custom format (which I *thought* was for the blog post and not the main display page) I override get a mess on the main page and elsewhere...and lose all the formatting in the article.

I'm assuming I need some way to have two templates for the blog. One for the main page which displays the post links and then another that is used for displaying the actual posts.

I'm a pretty weak programmer. I can read the code and change bits and pieces but I get lost when I start trying to write custom functions.

I'm assuming I need an if then else statement along the lines of
Code:
If *displaying article* then *use this template* else *use this template*

BUT I'm not sure how to format that type of function or exactly where it would be best to put it.