Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extend Feature Request
I think it would be great for plugin authors to be able to add collaborators for their plugins.
If this was possible plugins would most likely be update on a more regular basis.
yup second that idea !!
My Github Repos: Github
mikeh Wrote:I think it would be great for plugin authors to be able to add collaborators for their plugins.
If this was possible plugins would most likely be update on a more regular basis.

You mean that extend repo should allow to upload files by users who were given proper rights by plugin developer ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
yojoe Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:I think it would be great for plugin authors to be able to add collaborators for their plugins.

You mean that extend repo should allow to upload files by users who were given proper rights by plugin developer ?

Yes, you are correct.
I think this will be useful plugin developers who's dedication to open source depends on their workload. Also for developers that no longer wish to support their plugin(s).
seems kind of risky, someone could take over a well trusted plugin and insert malicious code.
It not like there is a code review process as with open source projects.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
shawn_a Wrote:seems kind of risky, someone could take over a well trusted plugin and insert malicious code.
Collaborators would be chosen by plugin author. Someone can just as easily create their own plugin and insert malicious code.
mikeh Wrote:
shawn_a Wrote:seems kind of risky, someone could take over a well trusted plugin and insert malicious code.
Collaborators would be chosen by plugin author. Someone can just as easily create their own plugin and insert malicious code.

True but the effects of an update to a well established and highly used plugin is much more riskier, most new plugins get vetted by the community in forums, updates not as much, plus a large user base.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
shawn_a Wrote:
mikeh Wrote:

True but the effects of an update to a well established and highly used plugin is much more riskier, most new plugins get vetted by the community in forums, updates not as much, plus a large user base.

It would be the authors responsibility to entrust the right individuals. Maybe there would be a max amount of collaborators. The author should also take responsibility if any malicious code was uploaded. Maybe a min amount of forum posts/plugins as well to be eligible.