Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
getting a small site into get-simple
I have a site with about 10 html pages, a similar number of js, css, and php. 100s of images.

The site has about 5 users who will modify content (html, changing static images) and me who controls the other files.

From what I see on the site, this should fit into get-simple.

Am I correct about this? What's the easiest way.

Thanks.
lenb Wrote:From what I see on the site, this should fit into get-simple.
Am I correct about this?
I wonder why you still didn't port your static site into GS Wink

Quote:What's the easiest way.
You have basic html structure.
So it goes as easy as: install GS on your webserver > add basic GS tags (see wiki) into your html template > save template as .php file > upload your template.
Everything you need to know is described in wiki.

Shouldn't take more than 15 mins.
Rest is up to plugins you'd want to use.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/multi-user/133/
You can use the multi-user plugin to manage multiple users and their access rights.
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/i18n-gallery/160/
The I18N gallery can handle your images if you are putting them into some sort of gallery
The I18N series of plugins are worth checking out.
Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada.
I've been reading the wiki and I am not finding anything that will help me get a pre-existing site into GetSimple. The wiki does not appear to address this problem. Also, see nothing about GS tags.

I'm afraid that at this point, I am to ignorant to even understand the reply posts. Yojo replied as below and I have no idea what it means.

add basic GS tags (see wiki) into your html template > save template as .php file > upload your template.

My main goal is to be able to allow users to edit content safely. I see nothing about how I limit the sort of access which users may have (assuming I create multiple users with the multi-user plugin).

Is this possible in GetSimple.

Thanks.
Wiki has alot of informations about creating a basic theme.
http://get-simple.info/wiki/themes:creation
http://get-simple.info/wiki/themes:template_tags
As it goes for ACL yurifanboy provided you links to plugin you asked for.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
lenb Wrote:I've been reading the wiki and I am not finding anything that will help me get a pre-existing site into GetSimple. The wiki does not appear to address this problem. Also, see nothing about GS tags.

I'm afraid that at this point, I am to ignorant to even understand the reply posts. Yojo replied as below and I have no idea what it means.

add basic GS tags (see wiki) into your html template > save template as .php file > upload your template.

My main goal is to be able to allow users to edit content safely. I see nothing about how I limit the sort of access which users may have (assuming I create multiple users with the multi-user plugin).

Is this possible in GetSimple.

Thanks.
By template tags, yojoe really means a set of php includes. Assuming you are good with HTML and CSS, you can easily edit one of the existing templates and add your own css/html code without having to start a theme from scratch. The multiuser plugin might be nice if you want to give each user their own login and password since the default installation only allows for one user account. You don't have to change any user permissions if you don't want to.
Todo arde si le aplicas la chispa adecuada.
I think what lenb might be looking for is a tool or script that will take his current HTML page and automatically configure them to work within GS natively. To my knowledge nothing like this exists, and would be pretty difficult to do anyway (if not impossible).

@lenb
The way to get your current site working in GS is to create a template page from your current HTML documents. So in the main content area of your HTML page put a tag
Code:
<?php get_page_content() ?>
Then create a GS page using the template you have created and put the text that you want to show up in that page. Do this for all of the sections of your HTML docs, the header, side bars, and footer.

I can see that doing this for an existing HTML source could be difficult. Maybe it would be easier to find an existing theme and adapt to your site.