Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIDEngine News/Blog Manager
After year I release new plugin TIDEngine News/Blog Manager. Thant is rewritten version of my old Extended news manager plugin. I try to fix all things that was problem before.

New things are that I implement Theme Support for every aspect of plugin.
-You can modify look and feel of everything.
-Individual meta tags for news.

Also you will see additional folder TIDEGetSimple containing helper functions. Reason for that is I will release few more plugins and some functions are same.

For some reason I like GetSimple so I would like to hear comments, suggestions.

In new version:

-Show all news on Home Page
-RSS Feed manual creation
-Undo
-Build in CSS and Theme Editor
-Build in Social commenting
-Serbian translation

New Plugins:
-TIDEngine User Manager
-TIDEngine Comments Manager
-TIDEngine Affiliate Manager

I hope you will like this plugin.

New version 1.5 released. Also there are new support site.

Changed function names so no backward compatibility. Check instructions.

New Version Features:

-Manual create RSS Feed - Choose news to show
-Undo Changes
-Plugin CSS Editor
-Adverts in News, Banner Rotation
-Print News
-Permanent Link
-Auto Keyword Creation
-Archive by months
-Delete Page -> Delete News
-Help Panel
-Reorder News order

and few more...

Updated installation instructions!!!

Delay with version 2.0
I'm sorry to all that are using TIDEngine News/Blog Manager for delay with version 2.0.

As I am one man band I must do all and testing takes a lot of time. So I would ask community for help.
I need someone to help me with plugin testing. Plugin is more or less finished. Few things must be done, but without help I think that new version wouldn't be finished in two months.

Thanks in advance!!!

=========================================================

TIDEngine News/Blog Manager Version 2.0 RELEASED

Separate download for v 2.0

http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/tid...er-20/495/

This is independent release from previous versions because it is not compatible with them.

All info is on extend, so do not need to duplicate things.

I hope that everything work, but all bugs, features and suggestions are welcome.

If you are using vesion 1.6 before installation remove from .htaccess file code between #TIDEngine News Plugin and #TIDEngine News Plugin

Versions 2.2 bug fixes released
1. Share Services Settings - removed personal keys, fixed CSS container height.
2. Tags Page - Undefined index: tide_tags.
3. Extended news page - Displayed news contains only news summary without rest of the content.
4. Latest News Extended - News content did not show
5. Archive Page - News did not shown.
6. Edit / Create News:
-Problem with tags containing special chars.
-Problem updating new tags, and changing old tags
7. RSS Feed Category Menu - showing on archive, tags and latest news page
Thank You Wink GreaT Job & ViVa Serbia !
Today will be released TIDEngine News/Blog Manager v1.1

Features:

* Added Beadcrumbs for complete plugin navigation.
* Added Standard CSSclasses for easier styling (News, Latest News Menu).

Fixes:

* Meta tag title for individual News item.
* Rewrite rule for Paginate Navigation.
* There are no News on pages Message.

Soon TIDEngine News/Blog Manager v1.2 and TIDEngine theme.
for some reason I completely blank page "blog"
If you are using FANCY_URLS there was mistake in Rewrite Rule that will be fixed in new version.

Other possibility could be that you didn't insert

<?php show_news(return_page_slug()); ?>

in your page content. That is mine mistake because I didn't put in instructions.
Yes, running
and what to do with Title
archive is also necessary to correct
I do not understand you? If you set PAGE SLUG that is your news file name. If not script take TITLE and set it as slug == file name.xml

eg.

- you have title "This is Title" and no slug. Your slug is "This_is_Title", file name is "This_is_Title.xml".
- you have title "This is Title" and slug "this is my slug". Your slug is "this_is_my_slug", file name is "this_is_my_slug.xml"

If I understand you ???
<title>Блог3 - My site</title>
Released Version 1.1.

Bug fixes Version 1.1 :

Rewrite Rule for News, Pages with Paginate.
No News Message on pages without news.
Title tag added.
Posted in Page Name.

New Features Version 1.1 :

Breadcrumbs
CSS classes for easier design.

In version 1.2:
Sharethis integration - or as separate plugin. Already done testing and thinking for best solution.

For few days I will set up support site (if I have time) on link shown on plugin page.

Looking for designer. Reason for that is design take me a lot of time. So anyone interested for cooperation I am here !!!
With respect to your magnificent accomplishment with this application, I must ask that you and/or some others when frequent this forum offer some more instruction for the plugin.

Specifically, I would like to know where the codes go within the template - if that is where it goes. When I placed them with the template I was using, the generated page was blank.

I suspect that there are others who are in my position: I am not a coder, I have only a limit knowledge of scripting and probably won't at my age. I want to have a lightweight blog, with a limited amount of on-going hassle.

I sure hope there those in the GetSimple (emphasis on the Simple) community that can help get this product working for me.

Thanks
Thank you for response. I didn't manage to setup support site, but I will in few days.

First news code go to page you create:

Page/ Create New Page in Admin Menu. Or Edit Page, just add this code:

Quote:<?php show_news(return_page_slug()); ?>

This would alow to see all added news to that page. Every page have own news.

If you want to have Latest News Menu and/ or RSS Feed Menu, add this code to your template file (template.php) , or slidebar.php depending of theme you are using:

Latest News Menu:

Quote:<?php news_menu(return_page_slug()); ?>

RSS Feed Menu:
Quote:<?php rss_feed_menu(return_page_slug()); ?>

If you are using Innovation Theme put code in slidebar.inc.php like this:

Quote: <div class="section">
<?php news_menu(return_page_slug()); ?>
</div>
<div class="section">
<?php rss_feed_menu(return_page_slug()); ?>
</div>

To add Breadcrumbs you need to add this code to header.inc.php of your theme:

Quote:<?php news_breadcrumbs(); ?>

I hope that I help. There are custom CSS Classes for adjusting news and Menu design. I'm not sute that all will work untill version 1.2, but:

CSS Classes:
Quote:.tide_news - Single News Patent class.
.tide_news_title - News Title
.tide_news_title a - News Title have hyperlink to extended News
.tide_news_date - News Date posted under News Title
.tide_news_link - Not sure if needed
.tide_news_read_more, .tide_news_read_more a - Read More link
.tide_news_comments - External Comments Plugin Holder

will continue....
Soon version 1.2 or 1.5. There are some problems with directory creation on subdomain on Windows.
I hope I will resolve this problem.

Few more problems regarding installation TIDEngine News/Blog Manager. I hope soon will be resolved.
My progress since the last post:

I have the plugin installed correctly so I see the logo. The menus and commands are in place and seem to function properly. However, when I put the code in the page and attempt to save, this message appears at the top of the next window:

Unable to write news data to file.

I checked insure the /data directory was fully writable and recursively to files and folders.
I confirm the problems with save.
There should be a /data/news directory for news files being created using this plugin, but even adding this dir manually didn't help.

I'm not sure if other plugins does not interfere with this one, but I don't have enough spare time atm to raise a fresh instance of GS, and play with this plugin.

btw. after entering tide news tab, top menu is moved upwards.
When it goes to news management, shall I understand that in created news options I set the page where this news should be shown ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
First thank you for response. All problems and suggestions are welcome. Because I miss something, sometimes there are OS dependent problems etc, etc.

I would like all people that try or use this plugin to give some response. In that matter would be easier to me to fix problems and add more features.

Quote:Unable to write news data to file.

I checked insure the /data directory was fully writable and recursively to files and folders.

I already find this is problem OS dependent so it is fixed.

Quote:btw. after entering tide news tab, top menu is moved upwards.

Fixed css problem.

Quote:When it goes to news management, shall I understand that in created news options I set the page where this news should be shown ?

Yes you choose page where to put news when you add news.

Today will be released Version 1.5 STABLE with major problem fixed, more then 20 problems.
Quote:Today will be released Version 1.5 STABLE with major problem fixed, more then 20 problems.

??1.5 STABLE??
Where do I find this version.
1.1 is on the GetSimple website.

My problem is the error message: Unable to write news data to file.
Data & Backup are writeable.

Did not find the solution.

TIDengine-newsblog-manager 1.1
GetSimple 3.1.1
I do not know what's happened with version 1.2 it was in extend. Sorry tonight I will put version 1.5.
New version 1.5 released. Also there are new support site.

Changed function names so no backward compatibility. Check instructions.

Future Versions Features:

-Manual create RSS Feed - Choose news to show
-Undo Changes
-Plugin CSS Editor
-Adverts in News, Banner Rotation
-Print News
-Permanent Link
-Auto Keyword Creation
-Archive by months
-Delete Page -> Delete News
-Help Panel

and few more...
Wow! This project sure matured quickly. It looks like so this is a good candidate for replacing News Manager.

I haven't gone through every feature, but there a few things I want to do and/or customize.

1. The blog header bar feature is nice, but I have no need to interface with social or share networks. Can I disable this without damaging other functions?
  2. I have some old blog entries backed up as text. I would like to enter paste them in to change the dates to an older date in order to be chronologically correct.

Thanks for all the good work and quick responses.

Bob
in the News summary: images are not inserted
Quote:The blog header bar feature is nice, but I have no need to interface with social or share networks. Can I disable this without damaging other functions?

All elements are based on templates so news are news.tpl. You can edit it to fit your needs. You have in news.tpl

snooze

Quote:tide_social_buttons('small'); - small buttons
tide_likes(); - facebook likes
<?php echo $data['social_buttons']; ?> - bottom buttons - added in this way because I do not need them on summary page

Just delete any of this you do not need. I will implement this days code editor that way would be easier to end user.

Quote:I have some old blog entries backed up as text. I would like to enter paste them in to change the dates to an older date in order to be chronologically correct.

News order is based on file creation time for now. But I can implement drag drop change news order. Thank you for idea, added new features.

Oleg06
Quote:in the News summary: images are not inserted

I try on few servers even I read your post and there are no problem. I will check this problem. Can you see in page source image link and paste here.

Thank you!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGUEHc60L_w
Oleg06 I see what is problem but again I test it on different servers and have no problem.
Can you give me link to admin panel to check it with Firebug.
Do you have some other plugin installed??? I would like to see what is problem and fix it.
@oleg, this is a known issue with GS3.1, please update to 3.1.2 which fixes this problem with the filebrowser.
My Github Repos: Github
Yes, running