Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TIDEngine News/Blog Manager
It is not possible to create directory "GSDATAPATH/tide_news/" and all directory structure. It is required for this plugin to function properly. Please create it manually and make sure it is writable.

Help? Where do I make this directory?
after adding your plugin, I can not log into admin
Despite all current problems, is there a way to display last N news from chosen category ?
Passing an argument while calling tide_show_news function to suppress plugin settings would be great.
Something like: tide_show_news("CATEGORY_SLUG",3) to show last 3 excerpts.

Oleg06 Wrote:after adding your plugin, I can not log into admin
After uploading or installing ?
Upload the plugin while you browse f.e. plugins page, and then install it.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Quote:Duulicious

"GSDATAPATH/tide_news/" is Site root/data/.

Copy directory tide_news from plugin installation/tide_news/files/.

Quote:after adding your plugin, I can not log into admin

This is problem with Lite speed servers. I use Hawk Host for some sites and have problems.

Few problems and bugs I realize during installation on different hosting companies. I release bug fix version 2.1.

1. General Settings Page, External commenting checbox. Do not accept checked state.
2. RSS Feed Settings Page, after uploading image doesn't show in preview area, when image name is uppercase.
3. Share Services Settings Page, CSS fixed.
4. Problem with html_enteries Create News
5. Admin Navigation fixed
6. Problem with extended news template
7. Category delete message language missing
8. Admin login problem after installation.

Quote:Despite all current problems, is there a way to display last N news from chosen category ?

You can setup number of news shown on single page and Latest News menu.

Settings/ General Settings/Number of News: Number of News shown on single page.
Settings/News Menu/Number of News: Number of News shown on single page.
bogyvet Wrote:Few problems and bugs I realize during installation on different hosting companies. I release bug fix version 2.1.
That's a pretty fast bugfix for quite many bugs.

Quote:You can setup number of news shown on single page and Latest News menu.

Settings/ General Settings/Number of News: Number of News shown on single page.
Settings/News Menu/Number of News: Number of News shown on single page.
Overall approach is a bit more complicated.
With current functionality, I could just call <?php tide_show_news("CATEGORY_SLUG"); ?> twice.
On the page I want to show list of news from certain category, on homepage (in a small container), or in a sidebar* of certain news content page.
The problem appears when I want to get different amount of excerpts for all those cases.
Say last 3 on homepage, 10 on slug listing all news with pagination, and 5 in sidebar.
I started to think about importing them from rss feed. But that's doing things around.

*this would need an additional option allowing to choose GS template file in news' option.

edit: I send you also a buglist thorugh email some time ago.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Unable add file "rss.php" to installed themes.

?
and after installation I can not get out of admin
Quote:With current functionality, I could just call <?php tide_show_news("CATEGORY_SLUG"); ?> twice.
On the page I want to show list of news from certain category, on homepage (in a small container), or in a sidebar* of certain news content page.

Problem is when you have more pages in one category. It breaks page navigation. This feature is easy to implement I will do. |I get your mail and will start to solve problems.

Thank you for help
Duulicious Wrote:Unable add file "rss.php" to installed themes.

?

Copy file from plugin directory / files /rss,php to each theme directory
Oleg06 Wrote:and after installation I can not get out of admin

Download version 2.1 that is fixed.
Version 2.2 bug fix released:

1. Share Services Settings - removed personal keys, fixed CSS container height.
2. Tags Page - Undefined index: tide_tags.
3. Extended news page - Displayed news contains only news summary without rest of the content.
4. Latest News Extended - News content did not show
5. Archive Page - News did not shown.
6. Edit / Create News:
-Problem with tags containing special chars.
-Problem updating new tags, and changing old tags
7. RSS Feed Category Menu - showing on archive, tags and latest news page
tags do not work with the Russian language
Code:
%D1%8B%D1%8B%D1%8B%D1%8B%D1%8B%D1%8B%D1%8B%D1%8B
in the archives when you click on the link going to a blank page
bogyvet Wrote:Copy file from plugin directory / files /rss,php to each theme directory

So the feeds - <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS Feed" href="http://......................./rss/......" /> need to be manually added to the template ???????

Some bugs:
- seems that the rss don't get HTML tags
- Hebrew tags are not being saved .
Duulicious Wrote:It is not possible to create directory "GSDATAPATH/tide_news/" and all directory structure. It is required for this plugin to function properly. Please create it manually and make sure it is writable.

Help? Where do I make this directory?

I too am having this problem. How do I fix. I see I'm supposed to copy tide_news/files into the data folder but that did not work.

I deleted everything of the plugin and now have a totally blank page on the front-end.

Any help would be appreciated! Nice plugin though!
UI Designer / Web Developer
Anything new ?
The plugin looks very promising, looking forward for developments :-)
I just tried this plugin.

After installing and testing a bit, I deactivated it, but then my site (frontend) stopped working -- I only got a blank page.

I found out it's because this plugin patches the core: to make the site work again I had to delete the updated root index.php file and rename index.php.bak to index.php
How to display in the sidebar news from one category?
After a month of silence it seems that something is wrong in here :-(
Hello,
As far as I know, you add this to your sidebar widget:
Code:
<?php tide_show_news("CATEGORY_SLUG"); ?>
...where "CATEGORY_SLUG" is the slug for the category you wish to display.

stania Wrote:How to display in the sidebar news from one category?
I'm not in position to offer support for now sorry. In next few months I am on board working as Navy officer so I do not have Internet connection.

You can send me mail on bogyvet@yahoo.com for any problems.

Thanks
Alright, anyone knows how to display non-standard characters in the front menu? It really sucked to notice that it cuts out every polish character (check http://ustapub.pl/ )
Wow, promising plugin.
During testing I was adding an extra tag on a existing news item, for me it results in a copy of that news item.
Fail project. Just testing this plugin today and remove it again. Why?

Removal Reason:
1. Using external gs editor, it's same using ckeditor, why don't integrated with exists one? So my site gonna uggly.
2. Unable to configure CKEditor setting.
3. External commenting don't work correctly. None comment form displayed even i thick "external comment form integration".
4. Error template editor. When i do edit the template, it will separate quote tags, e.g: <a href=\"bla\">. I mean the correct result is <a href="bla">.
5. Etc etc etc.
(2012-11-26, 22:23:39)Unapzeus Wrote: Fail project. Just testing this plugin today and remove it again. Why?
5. Etc etc etc.

Same here - as much as it's promising - as much it it disappointing - many bugs and above all - it adds weird staff to the whole site url's.
http://getsimple.coolblog.jp/

This is a test site so it will be deleted soon though, please click "read more" or tile,

you can see the double article. WHY? You should not or need not work on template editor??