Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add PHP code into CKEditor
Hi all,

Maybe I'm silly, but I'm unable to add some PHP code into CKEditor ... tried even in Source Code mode.

Any tips on how to include PHP into the page content editors CKEditor ?

Many thanks,
Romain
Did you try with Exec-PHP plugin ?
You might also need to disable entities in ckeditor.
You may find howtos on ckeditor's forum.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Maybe I badly explained my request.

I just want to create a page with some descriptive text at the top. Below this text, I like to display the output of a GS plugin ... the output is generated by a PHP call to the plugin function.

Hope, it's more understandable now :-)

Romain
rpetges Wrote:Maybe I badly explained my request.

I just want to create a page with some descriptive text at the top. Below this text, I like to display the output of a GS plugin ... the output is generated by a PHP call to the plugin function.

Hope, it's more understandable now :-)

Romain

If the plugin does not offer to use a place holder in a page instead of a PHP call, the best way is to put the PHP call in a component mycomponent, install the DynPages and include the component in your page with {% mycomponent %}.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
mvlcek Wrote:If the plugin does not offer to use a place holder in a page instead of a PHP call, the best way is to put the PHP call in a component mycomponent, install the DynPages and include the component in your page with {% mycomponent %}.

OK, I think I now better understand how GS works ... I'm really new in the CMS world (converting from RapidWeaver).

Just one question : What exactly is a place holder and how does it work / look alike ?

Many thanks for your help,
Romain
rpetges Wrote:Just one question : What exactly is a place holder and how does it work / look alike ?

In GS by convention most plugins use place holders in the form (% placeholdername parameters %)
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
Thank you very much for the information !

Romain