Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple Polls
I've wen't ahead and created a couple polls that I think may help us stay on top of what the community wants as a whole.

http://get-simple.info/polls

Please take a minute or two and submit your answers... they might help shape the next releases! Thanks!
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
To those of you wondering what "AccessKeys" are, they are CTRL + SHIFT(?) + key, it will automatically click a link and take you to that page.

Get simple has a lot of them.

Usually they are CTRL + SHIFT + the underlined dotted letter

on mac i think its the mac logo instead of ctrl shift.
http://nijikokun.com
random stuff. idk.
All browsers use different hotkeys in fact. I know for a fact that Opera and Firefox use different modifier keys to get it to work. Maybe someone should put up a list?

On the other hand, people that use them will probably know what buttons to press in their browser.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
thanks a lot
I feel sorry joining GS too late the polls are closed. Anyway I want to share my thoughts to some of the poll questions.

1. What are the most user-friendly parts of GetSimple?
A: Installation

2. If you could choose ONE feature to add to GetSimple, what would it be?
A: A File Browser within CKEditor

3. Do you ever use GetSimple's AccessKey accessibility feature?
A: No

4. What are the most confusing parts of GetSimple?
A: Making a new page the Home page. ok ok I know this is not part of the choices and I'm a newbie I still have to go through the documentation but just sharing my initial experience.
thanks for sharing spring. never thought of your #4, but you have to understand why i did it that way.... so people couldnt delete their homepage.
- Chris

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:so people couldnt delete their homepage.

Ok thanks Chris, now I understand.

Just to share my experience while searching for a cms I stumbled on WebsiteBaker. It's small and light similar to GS but it has a queer feature after installation... there is no homepage!

After installation you end up with an "Under Construction" page and nothing more. So the first page you make becomes the home page.

Maybe a default Home page is not a big issue especially with GS's backup feature. Just a thought probably you might consider.

Thanks Chris for your wonderful work.

edit:

Please don´t misunderstand, I was not saying to remove the Home page like WebsiteBaker. I was simply hoping there could be a simpler way to make a new page the Home page.

Thanks again.
Chris, spring might have a point.

I've tried to re-prioritise the home page (in Page Options in the Page Editing mode) to no avail. If you select Parent Page> None, it simply swops the order of the pages around in the View All Pages view.

Making the page priority anything but One does nothing either. Is there perhaps a way you could introduce this into future versions, or give us a bit of code we could stick in to make it so?

Wishful thinking I'm sure, but hey, that's what makes dreams come true Wink
page priority is only for menu order. Sorry for the confusion

Yeah, there have been a few discussions about why the Homepage is set and non-deleteable... but in the end we've always decided to keep it the way it is.
- Chris