Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strip tags like (% contact %) and {% dynpages %} from meta description
Several standard plugins, like p01-contact, DynPages and I18N Search use tags like (% contact %) and {% dynpages %} to insert plugins and components into page content but this is output into the meta description.

If this can be filtered and stripped by the relevant function in core this will make things a lot tidier without having to manually fill the "Meta Description" field for every page this would occur on.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
Afair somebody came up lately with a snippet that adds a default description to pages if this field is left empty.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I do not know of a way to fix it besides replacing get_header in your theme with your own function.

I wonder if we should add a filter to metad and keywords output, or should desc be run through content filters when its being parsed (substring) from content, but we should make sure we add it to cache after we generate it.

I am kind of partial to just adding filters, its easier to implement and users can do whatever they want to these via plugins of course, even dynamically generate it however they want to.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix