Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting a blank Installation page
Hi there,

I have just downloaded, unzipped and uploaded GetSimple to a folder called "gs" on my server. I'm running Windows 2008 (IIS) and upon going to http://gs/ on my browser I was first getting an error, asking to change permissions of /data and /backups folders to 777 or 755, which I have done.

Now when I navigate to gs/ in my browser I don;t get that error, but instead I get an empty installation page, only having a header at the top saying: "GetSimple Installation" (see attachment for a schreenshot).

What can I do to start my installation process. Please help Smile
Enable debug in gsconfig file, and see what errors will you get.
You can also look at IIS logs.

ps. from my personal experience, forget about development on windows platform - especially php apps on IIS - if you don't want to loose time senselessly. Even on WAMP you can step into troubles using GS.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
I uncommented this line in tmp.gsconfig.php:

define('GSDEBUG', TRUE);

And reloaded the page in the browser, nothing has changed. Same page appears. What else can I try?

Btw, where do I check the IIS logs?

Yes, thanks. I try avoiding Windows servers, but this time, I have no choice, because this is what the organization was using before I came to work with them Sad
I had a look at the logfile in my System32 folder and I think only this might be relevant:

2012-08-24 08:41:27 --IP-- 52875 --IP-- 80 HTTP/1.1 GET /gs/admin/install.php - 4 Connection_Dropped wiki
2012-08-24 08:43:00 --IP-- 52882 --IP-- 80 - - - - - Timer_ConnectionIdle -
2012-08-24 08:43:45 --IP-- 52881 --IP-- 80 - - - - - Timer_ConnectionIdle -

(I replaced my IP with --IP-- )
I'm not familiar with IIS anymore, but it seems that it's the thing causing troubles.
I'd try to install other php driven webapplication, as too many users playing on localhost tend to blame GS, not their badly configured platforms.

This might be interesting for you: http://davidovitz.blogspot.com/2007/08/i...-show.html
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad