Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editor keeps adding   to the end some tags and divs
I have this really annoying problem with the editor. Whenever I edit a page and click on the editor,   is added to the end of some divs and p tags. I have tried disabling the spellchecker, resetting the enterMode settings.

The only way I can fix this is by removing it from the HTML source. The moment I go back to the non-HTML editor and click on it, it comes back.

Here's an example:

Code:
<div class="menu">
<p>1 - Yes</p>
<p>2 - No</p>
</div>
Is changed into:

Code:
<div class="menu">
<p>1 - Yes</p>
<p>2 - No</p>
</div>
<p>
    &nbsp;</p>

Any idea what may be causing this?
Yeah I think this is some kind of ckeditor bug with certain options turned on.

It will continue to do this also everytime you save usually after headings you might get 6 or more spaces added up.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
beggin,

I didn't notice this until now (but I didn't look for that until now)
will keep an eye on it
maybe we find the reason

did you check the CKEditor-forum? Maybe there is a solution already?

But please tell me about your Editor-configuration. Do you use it as it is "out of the box" or did you add some options or plugins?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
This should do the thing: http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/sy...mptyBlocks
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Quote:beggin,
I didn't notice this until now (but I didn't look for that until now)
will keep an eye on it
maybe we find the reason
did you check the CKEditor-forum? Maybe there is a solution already?
But please tell me about your Editor-configuration. Do you use it as it is "out of the box" or did you add some options or plugins?

Yes, all out of the box and the problem was there. I have the spellchecker enabled now, and the advanced toolbar. But as I said even out of the box the problem existed.

yojoe Wrote:This should do the thing: http://docs.cksource.com/ckeditor_api/sy...mptyBlocks

Any idea where I will add this in get-simple? The file plugins/htmldataprocessor/plugin.js does not exist.
... you can set defaults for the CKEditor in the config.php file.
beggin Wrote:Any idea where I will add this in get-simple?

check the WIKI, there is a lot of information about the editor available
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Figured it out. Unfortunately, the problem still exists Sad
beggin Wrote:Figured it out. Unfortunately, the problem still exists Sad
Try changing from 'p' to using the break tag. ...you can always include a 'p' tags manually when needed. Drop this code into the config file:
Code:
# WYSIWYG Editor Options
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS','enterMode: CKEDITOR.ENTER_BR,shiftEnterMode : CKEDITOR.ENTER_P');
(2012-09-14, 08:49:48)eatons Wrote:
beggin Wrote:Figured it out. Unfortunately, the problem still exists Sad
Try changing from 'p' to using the break tag. ...you can always include a 'p' tags manually when needed. Drop this code into the config file:
Code:
# WYSIWYG Editor Options
define('GSEDITOROPTIONS','enterMode: CKEDITOR.ENTER_BR,shiftEnterMode : CKEDITOR.ENTER_P');

I just set up my CMS only to find this :/

I thought it was only WordPress that did things like this, thereby making it virtually unusable.

GetSimple may be "simple" to configure template wise, but it surely is beyond comprehension why it changes proper spacing entities to &nbsp;, inserts unasked for <br> tags and (deprecated) <p>tags into the bargain.

Even in the code there are illegal alt="" tags as well, and this is not to mention the whole scheme of "" vs '' where you want to use <!#exec cmd''--> statements inside title='' attributes.

I really wish someone in the world could get it right when it comes to CMS and while this one is the closest, it is still virtually useless as a hand-code replacement.
I am glad that you have such a deep insight into the system after such a short time

I suggest you read the part of the wiki where you can find intensive explanation of all GetSimple-connected points (nearly all ) of the editor-integration

most of those topics can be configured, and if you study the CKEditor-Documentation at the website of CKEditor, you will find a lot of solutions

GetSimple is by far the most open system for editor configuration, everything what can be configured can be defined by options and custom configuration
|--

I have used this system before (and stopped) because of non-compliance with established web standards.

Obviously, using XML is very advanced but ideally the system should not impose any elements or entities of its' own making whether by bug or by design and to me this should be a firm design goal in the road map and in all likelihood should have been there from day .
We are using a very old version of ckeditor, ckeditor is the editor, turn it off then. Its called a wysiwyg, if you want to write code turn the editor off. Feel free to try the experimental cke patch branch posted here in the forums.
hi,

So obvious question, since ckeditor is the default, when will it be updated and will it support professional features like no added code?
That can be configured already via what connie said. ckeditor has a ton of options.
Want to help us get cke 4.1 out faster then test it.

Here let me find that for you

http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=4614