Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blog comments
I did some searching and haven't found a solution.

Is there a plugin that can be set up with a blog plugin to allow users to register and post comments on my blog? I don't care if I have to set up a database, if I need to I will.

I just don't want another site handeling my comments.
http://get-simple.info/extend/search.php...Repository
pdiddles03 Wrote:Is there a plugin that can be set up with a blog plugin to allow users to register and post comments on my blog?

Pages & Comments plugin lets you add comments to regular GetSimple pages (the ones you choose). It doesn't do it with posts by other blog plugins (News Manager, GS Blog, ...) but has its own blogging system as well (using regular GS pages as posts).

pdiddles03 Wrote:I don't care if I have to set up a database, if I need to I will.

If I wouldn't mind using a database, I might consider using e.g. WordPress.
Quote:If I wouldn't mind using a database, I might consider using e.g. WordPress.

The reason I don't want to use wordpress is that getsimple is, well....Simple? the admin area is much more simple then wordpress, and it doesn't feel so bloated when i use it
Okay.

Then you may try Pages&Comments or some Guestbook plugin. Also, mikeh said something about a future database comments system for his GS Blog plugin.