Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Mobile Theme Changer
Some questions about this plugin (http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/sim...hanger/21/)

1) Any other recommended methods of developing a mobile version of a site?
2) What options are there for mobile themes? Just http://get-simple.info/extend/theme/simple-mobile/417/ or others?
3) Do any solutions allow the end user to switch to the regular version of the site if they desire?

Thanks
From what I remember of that plugin, it ended up being a lot more than "Simple" as the name suggests. Having the option to use a different theme for different platforms (iPhone/webOS/Android) I thought was superfluous and a mobile theme should work just fine across those platforms regardless. Less work, more simple.

1. You could use media queries in your main theme's stylesheet to target mobile devices and restyle accordingly. No GetSimple plugins required.
  2. It looks like there's at least a few themes that supposedly render cleanly for mobile devices. I've only used the iGetSimple theme but that was a few years ago now and it may need some tidying up.
  3. Not at this stage, this is something the Simple Mobile Theme Changer really should handle too (something I recommended here). You could also manage this with JavaScript and media queries. First of all you would "namespace" all your media-query selectors for mobile styles with a body class like "body.mob". Then using JavaScript use a link to toggle this class on and off for mobile devices, then use a cookie to keep track of that toggle's state between pages. There's a run-through of getting that to work on Toolbox Digital's blog.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
This plugin has not been touched. At the time it worked well, for what it did. As it was the only "easy" option..

It definitely needs some updated with some of the new technologies that have been implemented.

It's on my todo list it's just at the very very end.

Thank you,
Matthew.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Hi @ll,

I'm using GS @ first 3 weeks ago, but I love it, so simple it is!
My Question now: I'm use the Simple Mobile Theme Changer, thats works fine, but..

1. I will be not change the theme in the backend! How can I setup the standard and mobile themes in the same installation!
2. I can't edit the mobile pages (iGetSimple), without aktiv theme, what can I do?

Thx for your help.
fuxxxxb
Can anyone help me with solutions that will allow the user to switch to the regular version of the site if they desire?