Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick GS State of the Union update!
State of the Union Update:

GetSimple now has over 121k downloads, almost 10k of those were 3.1.2 alone!

We have over 425 file in the Extend System!

1,217 Facebook Likes, and 1,029 Twitter followers!

And last but not least we have reached about 5,000 forum users!

Thank you for all the support you have provided us over the years! If you are interested in
contributing even more feel free to visit the Contribute page of our website or email us directly!

Thank you again on behalf of the GetSimple team!
- Matthew
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Hi. Where did you get this nubmers ? I cant find any links on this statistic. I'm just wondering.
This is the link for the stats !
What exactly are you looking for ? Proof ?

Google SVN for the Download stats - 13,683 dowloads of 3.1.2 alone -
Twitter #get_simple - 1045 followers - https://twitter.com/get_simple
Facebook - 1256 Likes - https://www.facebook.com/GetSimpleCMS
Extend - 440 plugins/themes -
My Github Repos: Github
Quote:GetSimple now has over 121k downloads

Quote:Google SVN for the Download stats - 13,683 dowloads of 3.1.2 alone

Guys I'm fine with math. You ?)

Quote:What exactly are you looking for ?
I'm just wondering.

Quote:Proof ?
Yes
I'm not sure what your saying when stating:
Quote:Guys I'm fine with math. You ?)

The number of downloads from the SVN is not the only place we have a download. We have our self hosted download as well.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Quote:We have our self hosted download as well.
Interesting... No public statistic at all... Just marketing numbers.
Interesting think about plugins... stupid statistic too.
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/sitemap/182/
http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/maintenance/29/
etc...

No buit in Sitemap, Maintance, exec php and other basic functionality ? Than what project can I create with GS ?
phpguru Wrote:
Quote:We have our self hosted download as well.
Interesting... No public statistic at all... Just marketing numbers.

Anything constructive you want to say???

What's a public statistic? Any number made public? Then this is, too.
If you mean verifiable then I suppose you have to leave the electronic world - you will never see a number verifiable by itself.

And even if the downloads were counted by a reliable entity like sourceforge, google or similar, anyone could have a script running downloading software multiple times: 862kB ~ 1s on a 8Mb line ~ 80000 downloads a day.
Thus anybody (e.g. concerned with 'marketing') could easily double the downloads in 2 days...

So if you don't have anything else to say, I'd say you are spamming.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
@mvlcek. already banned, think it was our friend from that other CMS that we already banned....
My Github Repos: Github
That is awesome. This CMS is most definitely my personal favourite. I hope it continues to do well, but still keeps its simplified vision, for both users and developers.
jason.dixon.email Wrote:That is awesome. This CMS is most definitely my personal favourite. I hope it continues to do well, but still keeps its simplified vision, for both users and developers.
Thank you! If you have any feedback or something you want to see please feel free to let us know! Smile
once again, i'm creating a website with get-simple...

one thing i need for this site i'm porting to GS, is a collection of structured content.
i've found the items manager and, while finding it a bit "crude", it's a good starting point and i'm working on improving it to match my needs.

since i'm putting some effort in it, i start wondering in which direction GS is heading, how it is improving, what's the state of 3.2beta, if there are plans about the release of 3.2 and so on.
is there a public repository, where i can see the progress and, eventually, give a hand?

happy new year!
a.l.e
Its all under download, click it.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
oh, now that i know that it's there, i've found a small "We keep all our code in svn over on GitHub."....

still, i would be interested in knowing what the plans ans status of 3.2 are... the milestone is closed...

ciao
a.l.e
Then click "change log" on the same page.
3.2 is in beta.
See the beta forums.
(2013-01-03, 00:15:43)shawn_a Wrote: Then click "change log" on the same page.
3.2 is in beta.
See the beta forums.

please sir, tell me more...

more seriously: it's hard to find up to date information about this cms...
... but i'm maybe too old and not used to browse through longer threads to find out what the state of the union is!

i've now read http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=4010 and i guess that for the new site i'm creating, i will try to use 3.2 and report bugs if i find any!

have fun and enjoy the new year!
a.l.e
Beta is not recommended for production sites, it says it right on the download page.
Also the release notes are clearly listed under change log on the downloads page.

I do not know what else you want.

A full history of what is going on is in github, live issues, commits. I don't know what is so hard.
(2013-01-03, 18:23:45)ale Wrote: please sir, tell me more...

Everyone who uses GS says it is a great CMS. We have some fine developers showing a great commitment to improvements. We have a lot of loyal and enthusiastic users. But direction? plans? We don't have any.

There is a very out of date mission statement.
There is an accepted notion that the word 'Simple' is central to something.
There is a general vague agreement that the core should remain small.

But there isn't any thinking about where the project is going, where new users are going to come from, how GS is going to stay different and better, how to make it more accessible to new users, what the thrust of improvements should be, none of that.
hi shawn,
timbow has written a good list of the kind of information i'm missing.

i went to github, browsed through the logs, found only small css + theme fixes since the start of beta...
in the forums i've found that you're asking for help on testing the beta version...

so: what is wrong if i build a new site with the beta version, if i'm ready to report bugs and eventually fix them?
most of all, if there is no urge to go into production and it is a very low traffic site?
all i want to know: how good are the chances that the new version gets released in the next 2 months? what has to be fixed?

have a nice day
a.l.e
There are no open hotfixes for beta, milestone is closed.
This is a release candidate at this point.

It is not really a matter of time, 2 months or not, it depends on feedback we get. If no bugs popup, then we will consider a release date.

Please see the beta thread for specific beta related issues.
http://get-simple.info/forums/showthread.php?tid=4010

As for the rest of those issues, there really is no mission, its oss, it evolves, there is no formal team at the moment planning anything.