Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
add limits to GS
hi,

i know for an open source product, saying limits, is something not funny!
but i think it will be interesting to have the ability to limit :

- the number of pages that could be in the menu (ex : in my design i couldn't have more than 6 items in the main menu, if someone adds 2 items in the menu, all the design is dead !)

- the number of pages in all the site, sometimes a client or a friend would desire to manage not more then 20 pages another time 35 pages, so it will be interesting to allow him to generate and manage only that number (i think it will be nice to be added in the settings).

thank you for your great CMS !

Bye.
Sharing is human real nature...
I would recommend using a static menu system then. The point of a cms is to allow a page to be created instantly with no limitations.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
internet54 Wrote:I would recommend using a static menu system then. The point of a cms is to allow a page to be created instantly with no limitations.

Maybe it could be right, but i think the limitation of number of all pages for the site is something to add...no ?
eehhh, i don't really think limits are for GetSimple. I can see sometimes how it would be useful, but i'm not going to put it in GS.
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:eehhh, i don't really think limits are for GetSimple. I can see sometimes how it would be useful, but i'm not going to put it in GS.
Ok, it was just a proposal...i known it wont be satisfied! LoL
I think the proposal is sound. There is ALWAYS an actual limit to how many menu items one can have and there are plenty of crazy clients that wants to do "stuff". Smile However it's more suitable as a plugin.