Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Default Content for New Pages
Is there a way that I can set default HTML content for new pages? I would like this so that the end user can easily edit the existing content which will be a custom layout so the user doesn't need to copy and paste the layout from an example page.
michaellindahl Wrote:Is there a way that I can set default HTML content for new pages? I would like this so that the end user can easily edit the existing content which will be a custom layout so the user doesn't need to copy and paste the layout from an example page.
Hi michaellindahl
It's really very easy to do > just install this small plugin http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/def...ntent/311/ > fill your test-favorite content and voila Wink
evan70 Wrote:
michaellindahl Wrote:Is there a way that I can set default HTML content for new pages? I would like this so that the end user can easily edit the existing content which will be a custom layout so the user doesn't need to copy and paste the layout from an example page.
Hi michaellindahl
It's really very easy to do > just install this small plugin http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/def...ntent/311/ > fill your test-favorite content and voila Wink

Is there a way to have the default content be dependent on the page template?
michaellindahl Wrote:Is there a way to have the default content be dependent on the page template?

This would make problems: what should be done if the user added content and only then switched the template?

However, using I18N Special Pages, the user would select a type of page, not a template, and in this page type a template is set, which is not editable. I18N Special Pages support default contents, default keywords, etc.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.
You could also use ckeditor templates I imagine to insert default pieces of content.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix