Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO?
I have disabled sidebar links. If someone knows the direct link then I have no solution. I am working on the new forum integration right now.
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
hmm we have to kill the old sessions. How can they be working if pun is gone ?

Also these are the extend entries missing user profiles, There isnt eevn anarchive of who they belonged to.
So we can probably reassign them to a new user to make sure we do not have userid collisions.

Code:
2339        German Language Pack
2384        RePlacer
2620        Brazilian Portuguese Language Pack
2715        Slovenian Language Pack
2982        Swedish Translation
2998        Español Mexico
3005        Italian Lang
2523        Spanish-SPAIN translation
3707        Traditional Chinese language file
3786        Dutch Language Pack
3821        Slovak Language / slovenčina
3821        Grey-blog
3821        BlueSquareShadow
3821        Strangegreen
2736        Czech language
5456        French Lang i18n_Custom_Fields
6741        Romanian Translation
6811        Russian language
7085        Russian Lang for i18n base
7869        Basic Slovenian translation (osnovni slovenski prevod)

Do we have a generic extend administrator account we can move these to ?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Pun isn't gone, it's just being overided by the redirect. If you have an exact link say to the login forum you can get there it just won't let you login. Why don't we just add a random user and assign all those files to that user for now. We can always go back and fix it if we get a complaint.
JWH Technologies
Ok i am just going to see about switching it over, once we point extend to the new user table it should kill the old sessions. Not going to worry about it.

Ok so can we kill pun so its code isn't being executed ?
Sounds good. Nows the problem of authenticating users with myBB table.. With single sign on.
JWH Technologies
For some reason the cookies are restricted to ".get-simple.info/forums/"
JWH Technologies
OK the WIKI has been FIXED woohoo!
Ok well the extend issue is a much larger issue than assumed.
Extend references the forum users database for everything not just user auth, it queries for author name for everything. Being that forum users is now in a seperate databse entirely, it almost preferable to just move the extend database to the new forum database instead of rewriting all the code.

So we will have to reconsider this for now.

As far as converting ids, thats ready to go after we decide how to go about this.

I do not know what else would need to be moved though or if its possible. There are other pieces, like ratings.
OK, I think it would be just fine to move extend to the MyBB forum database

But I also think there might be some sort of download manager plugin for MyBB
Edit: http://mods.mybb.com/view/inline-downloads ??
What does that have to do with it ?
Well, it could contain some code that we might need, as far as integrating the two.
Not integrating, just moving the table to the same schema.
Actually the more i think about it, mybb should be moved into base.
And pun removed.

Ill have some better solutions after lunch, hopefully Ill have extend up in a few hours.
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the hard work. I'm sure it's a pain in the ass. Do you expect Extend to be back up and stay up within the next 24 hours? Just wondering if I should put this project off until next week or later or if you expect things to be back to normal soon.
(2012-11-01, 03:46:12)shovenose Wrote: OK the WIKI has been FIXED woohoo!

I can't see any 'EDIT' buttons anywhere or any obvious way to edit the wiki. Is the forum login meant to serve as a wiki login still? I know it isn't urgent.
Regular members can not edit the wiki currently. We didn't want regular members on MyBB to be able to modify wiki. I mean, for example anyone could join and delete a bunch of content, etc.
If you need something adding please post it, a moderator or administrator will add it.
If this becomes a problem we can put it back to how it used to be with regular members being able to log in.
(2012-11-01, 04:31:04)shawn_a Wrote: Not integrating, just moving the table to the same schema.
Actually the more i think about it, mybb should be moved into base.
And pun removed.

Ill have some better solutions after lunch, hopefully Ill have extend up in a few hours.

OK. Sounds good let us know if you want help with anything.

@JYoda: Extend should be fixed soon. We appreciate your patience! Smile
Maybe we can tie it to reputation, i mean the point of a wiki IS that anyone can edit and contribute to it.
Of course github has a wiki built in that us developers would probably wind up using to document actual functions.
(2012-11-01, 09:13:35)shawn_a Wrote: Maybe we can tie it to reputation, i mean the point of a wiki IS that anyone can edit and contribute to it.
Of course github has a wiki built in that us developers would probably wind up using to document actual functions.

We already discussed and decided that were going to use our own wiki, not the one included in GitHub. How about we only allow users than have some posts in the forum, to edit the wiki?
Guys I beg you to add some additional templates to mybb.
Punbb might have been what it was , but among all its cons, its template was user friendly and very readable.
Consider choosing one of theese:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/novus-2-black
http://mods.mybb.com/view/-grigio-chiaro...-myfanatic
http://mods.mybb.com/view/business-device-basic-version
http://mods.mybb.com/view/apart-1
http://mods.mybb.com/view/a-royal-past-theme
or any other modern template.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
This is going to be styled much more nicely once our site is fixed and some things have been worked out. It's not beautiful but it works right now.
Having multiple templates to choose from is confusing, and requires manual editing of each one.
when and who was this discussed with?

Sorry to be a pain in the ass , but a lot of decisions seems to be made lately without discussing with the team.
My Github Repos: Github
(2012-11-01, 09:23:34)n00dles101 Wrote: when and who was this discussed with?

Sorry to be a pain in the ass , but a lot of decisions seems to be made lately without discussing with the team.

Who was what discussed with? This thread has a lot going on so you need to be specific.
-----
Maybe we can tie it to reputation, i mean the point of a wiki IS that anyone can edit and contribute to it.

We already discussed and decided that were going to use our own wiki, not the one included in GitHub. How about we only allow users than have some posts in the forum, to edit the wiki?
-----

Github wiki is far superior to dokuwiki we are using here. we were planning on updating the github wiki with the code documentation and leave the GS wiki for the community.
Yes, that makes sense: use the GitHub wiki for the developers, who would go on GitHub. Regular people would not go on GitHub, so they use normal wiki.
What I meant was, what decision did you feel left out of? That regular users shouldn't be allowed to mess with the wiki? This can certainly be changed in just a few minutes but we mostly edit the wiki anyway.
Sorry, Wires crossed here... 8)

regular user have always been able to use the wiki and I think that should stay the same.
Most of the updates on there have been done by the regular users... and not the team.

I restore and let all users update the wiki.