Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HAVING ISSUES ON GET-SIMPLE.INFO?
Forum RSS feeds (yes, some still use them ... !) are not updating for 'Scripts & Components' (fid=11) and 'Off Topic' (fid=12).

I have set up my newsreader with new URLs for MyBB and all other forum sections are working. No error messages from the two deaf URLs.

Additionally, the RSS feeds are only sending a single post from the thread, but I can't work out quite what's happening. For example, for this thread, I'm only getting shovenose's post from 25 October ("Does anybody know how to fix the wiki? ...") – nothing before and nothing after – and it's dated 25 September (the start of the thread?). The post author is not included in the feed.
--
Nick.
We are working hard to get the forum up to par! It will take some time and patientence on everyone's part.

This is a good move for GetSimple and has been being discussed since the very beginning.

punBB lacked in functionality and resources compared to myBB.

The extend should be back to normal very soon. We apologize for any inconvience this has caused!
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
(2012-10-30, 18:36:51)hameau Wrote:
(2012-10-30, 05:46:55)shovenose Wrote: I'm still working on styling it to look not blue and white ...
And styling to make the post text more apparent, please. It's not always easy to tell where the header, post text and footer begin and end.

À propos footer, I understand that you want (and deserve) the backlinks, but your sig. is really annoying, especially where it's three times the length of the post text, with the same font size, weight and colour as the text I'm looking for. No offence intended.

when I am on my computer next I'll see what I can do about my signature. Thanks for the feedback!
I agree this theme is awful from a ux standpoint, its a disaster of contrast and stucture.
I personally prefer the side bar profile, not the header profiles. This way i dont have to read through the profile panel to read the content of messages.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2012-10-31, 00:14:51)shawn_a Wrote: I agree this theme is awful from a ux standpoint, its a disaster of contrast and stucture.
I personally prefer the side bar profile, not the header profiles. This way i dont have to read through the profile panel to read the content of messages.

i see what you mean. Mybb is not pretty by default but we will continue to work on it. It had many of the features punbb was lacking
There seem to be coloured lines/boxes in the following colours:

#81a2c4
#026cb1
#0f5c8e

If you change them to something like black or dark-grey, that would allready help.

Or use a theme like this instead: http://mods.mybb.com/view/alpha-gaming
We're going to stick with default template, but I'm going to customize it further. Thanks for the info as far as the colors. Right now, getting everything working is priority. Then looks Smile
Ah classic mode, puts profiles on the left ! Sweet

This theme isnt bad, just change the blues to a nicer color, gs colors.
or a nice gray.

That alpha theme is nice, i wonder what theme the old forum was based on ?

Its hard to find professional themes for this, they all look they were made by 13 y/olds.
(2012-10-31, 01:41:39)shawn_a Wrote: Ah classic mode, puts profiles on the left ! Sweet

I'm planning to pull some of the formatting and styling from the Alpha Gaming theme. But Extend needs to be fixed, etc. first.
(2012-10-30, 22:13:19)JWH_Matthew Wrote: We are working hard to get the forum up to par! It will take some time and patientence on everyone's part.
Your (all those involved) efforts are appreciated. Don't mistake observations for criticism – I don't think anyone thinks you're doing a poor job.
(2012-10-31, 01:41:39)shawn_a Wrote: Ah classic mode, puts profiles on the left ! Sweet
Thanks for that!
--
Nick.
Does this still support markdown or is there a plugin ?
Or is our signatures just not allowed to have html or markdown in them ?
Wondering how we can get them working without having to redo everyones.
Well, the links and stuff work. The color thing might not though. I'll look at it
Yeah lists don't work either.
  • list
(2012-10-31, 08:06:41)datiswous Wrote:
  • fgh
  • ggthfrgth

1. hj yu j
  2. u uujk

A test post at it's finest. LOL!
(2012-10-31, 08:09:59)shovenose Wrote:
(2012-10-31, 08:06:41)datiswous Wrote:
  • fgh
  • ggthfrgth

1. hj yu j
  2. u uujk

A test post at it's finest. LOL!

Yes lol, I deleted it because I thought it wasn't useful but you were (too) quick.
Existing lists written in markup. duh.
The links from the entries in Extend to the relevant forum thread for the theme or plugin are all broken. I guess this is inevitable and they will just need to be edited? I have done mine, but I only have two entries.

New Forum looking good. We really appreciate the work done here.
thank you for the kind words Smile we will send out a newsletter with 3.2.0 I think, which will have something in there like "plugin and theme developers: please find the forum thread on the new forum software and update it in Extend"
Timbow, how did you update your links? Editing isn't available right now..
JWH Technologies
(2012-11-01, 00:16:32)JWH_Matthew Wrote: Timbow, how did you update your links? Editing isn't available right now..

I went to Extend, Manage Your Files, Pasted the new URL in the box marked Forum Thread... Just 20mins ago.
updates are working, i updated my plugin earlier...
My Github Repos: Github
They only work if your browser is still logged in to punbb I think.
I have completely disable access to edit extend. It will cause more problems if people keep changing crap.

It needs to be left download only for the time being. I will be working on a fix for editing.

If you have an immediate update to a plugin that is a necessity please email me at Webmaster@get-simple.info.
JWH Technologies
Thanks Matthew Smile
Ok so before we fix this, how do we prevent old sessions from touching extend, because the ids will be changed and it might allow people to access others stuff.