Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
web based Group email
I am involved in setting up a group of people in a sort of local conservation campaign type body and we need to communicate by email. Just emailing the whole group every time there is anything to say or to read is going to be really clumsy so i am looking for a free web based group email arrangement for sharing documents and passing messages. Google apps have a 'team' app for businesses but it is only free up to 10 users. Yahoo groups? I haven't seen one for ten years. Facebook? A group blog? a message board? What sort of setup should I be looking for?

It should be free or nearly free. There are initially about ten participants. I want it to run itself as much as poss. We need to be emailing each other, sharing documents and other files and maybe scheduling meetings and events. It needs to be private. We can do all that in public on Facebook.

tia
Skydrive?
I think Trello might fit the bill. Check it out, it's great for project management, is free and private.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
sal Wrote:I think Trello might fit the bill. Check it out, it's great for project management, is free and private.

That does look good. I was looking at various auto wiki type web page creators.
I found a really nice simple way of maintaining a mailing list at https://fiesta.cc

The website is super slow and the blog hasn't been updated for months so I just hope it is going to keep going because it is really delightfully easy and simple.