Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
distributed deployment
Hi,

Im thinking about deploying this through 3 servers, so we have good speed, but the website should look the same and have the same data.

Since this uses no database, I have 2 questions:

How would I handle the same contents in all servers?
How could I manage concurrent content changes ?

Tkx
Remember,

this is GetSimple! It is not a Power-CMS for distributed content (in my eyes)

And as GS does not use Database, it is quite fast usually

I see no reason to distribute on different servers, just disadvantages (you ask about handling....)
and I have no idea how to do that ....
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
You could possibly right a plugin that would copy all necessary files to a remote FTP every time anything is saved.

Why are you needing to do this? For the cost are you really going to save any money?

- Matthew
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Well, we want to embed an application in a simple CMS to provide the client with a cms functionality, like adding pages, modifying content, change template etc.

The client doesnt require anything very demanding in terms of bloging or webshop etc. Just some functionality to edit contents.

However, this will be deployed in servers in a load balancing configuration because this is how we deploy all our products, hence my questions. Deploying this application in a stand alone server is also an option, but unlikely.

I will present several options to my team, so I want to have all information I can.

Anyway, tkx for your replies, and keep up the good work, I tested it and its quite nice.
Alot of people use rsync for this.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Sounds interesting, I would personally love to see how you decide to accomplish this!

Another option may be to have one central server and have all the others pull from that central server via an API.

Not sure if the integrated API is capable of this, but may be worth a shot
JWH Technologies
Have any marketing ideas for Get-Simple? Let me hear them!
Yeah since all our data files are xml you can probably write a plugin to remote fetch the xml files from a main install.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I have done something like this with getsimple (although for different purposes). I will make my script into a plugin and put it on extend within the next few days.