Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot log into admin pages
Hi Get-simple cracks,
i've got a weird and urgent problem.

Since today i cannot log into the admin pages of my website anymore.
I enter my username plus password(multiuser plugin), then something happens, then i get redirected to the login page again(http://www.mysite.de/admin/index.php?). No info about a wron password or something similar.
What puzzles me: even if i enter someting completely wrong like non-existing username or wrong password i never get any notice that password etc. is wrong. Just the redirection to the login page.

I've read some posts about others having this problem as well but nothing mentioned there has helped me so far.

What i've tried so far:
- different browsers
- clearing all browser caches, cookies etc.
- asking for new password. It sends me a mail with a new password, does not work, same as above
- checked gsconfig.php for whitespace problem at end of file. I haven't changed any getsimple php files myself so i did not check all the other files.
- i had the idea it may have something to do with the newly installed i8n plugins plus mld-newsletter so i deactivated them(via FTP upload)
- deactivated kt-blocklogin plugin
- changed language in gsconfig.php back to original en_us / commented the extra lang lines out
- activated debug mode. Did not tell me anything is wrong

Anyone any idea what i could try / what might be wrong?

Another thing that puzzles me:
My local(nearly identical) copy of the site on my WAMP server works without any problems, i can login a usual.

Some more details:
Current Getsimple version 3.1.2
Plugins: dominion-mp3-player-ultimate, user-managment, InnovationPlugin, hitcount, kt-blocklogin, updater, website_seo, pageoptions_auto_open, i18n_base, i18n_navigation, mld-newsletter
plugins all current versions
Provider: Strato(Germany)

Many thanks for your help
Holger
Ok, looks like i missed something during my last tries(it's a bit late now...)
I've got i working again by disabling kt-blocklogin and mld-newsletter plugins.

Most funnily now it works even if i enable the kt-blocklogin again. ???

I've found one "whitespace at end-of-file" problem in file mldnewsletter.class.php, corrected it but that did not help. Since it uses the swift mailer i'm not going to check all that php files now....

Still confused but at least i can login again. I still have to disable the mld-newsletter since it gives me the "empty admin/pages.php" problem.

Holger
Ok, found the mld-newsletter plugin problem:
I had translated it into german(will post my translation soon) and happened to store it as UTF-8. Obviously some systems tolerate this, others notSad

The blocking seems to be an unrelated issue, but it's gone now anyway.
It should be saved as UTF-8 without BOM.
Carlos Wrote:It should be saved as UTF-8 without BOM.

Yeah, many thanks, i finally found this out afterwards as well ...
I was not aware of the many different file formats.

Still no idea why it behaves different on different systems but now i know.
I've had the same problem - on the other server that this site was on that had major issues with the forum.
It looks like it has to do with the time settings of the server, if the time is off maybe that causes it?
For example, on of my get-simple websites had this problem, and now that I've moved it to this server it has no issues.
Nothing is neccesarily wrong with your get-simple based website if you have the issue - try moving to a different server and see if that fixes things.
Hope this helps,
shovenose
Hi shovenose,

many thanks for the hint, might come in handy in the future.

Right now i'm well, saving the file as UTF-8 without BOM solved it for me.
But you can never know too much about these weird issues so i appreciate your answer.

Holger

p.s. maybe there exists a possibility GetSimple points out problems like this with a clear error message. I guess i'm not the only one who got completely thrown off when such weird things like blank screens happens.