Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
text in cms is gone - can only use HTML
I've noticed that I can only use HTML when editing pages. The bar above that lets you use text is gone. Any ideas of why this happened and how to resolve it?

Thanks,
You mean you have enabled the WYSIWYG option in settings, but you get the default plaintext editor instead?

If so,
Can you give more info about your system?
Fresh GS install? (or any patches?)
Any gsconfig setting has been changed or added?
Plugins installed?

Have you tried in different browsers and/or machines?
Carlos Wrote:You mean you have enabled the WYSIWYG option in settings, but you get the default plaintext editor instead?

If so,
Can you give more info about your system?
Fresh GS install? (or any patches?)
Any gsconfig setting has been changed or added?
Plugins installed?

Have you tried in different browsers and/or machines?

I am using the innovative theme and yes fresh installed. The HTML is the only thing showing - even if I go to settings and enable HTML nothing changes in the page editor so I can use text only.
please help us to find a solution:

1) URL please

2) show us the gsconfig.php. I suggest there is an syntaxerror in the statements for the editor

with these information, we can try to find the reason why...

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
I'm confused about this, because you have posted about the same issue in this thread and another about a core patch. So I don't know if this is an issue with GS or with the patch.
Had the rich editor work for you previously? Or has it stopped working after changing something?
Carlos Wrote:I'm confused about this, because you have posted about the same issue in this thread and another about a core patch. So I don't know if this is an issue with GS or with the patch.
Had the rich editor work for you previously? Or has it stopped working after changing something?

Yes, that is where we are at. With the patch you gave me here is what is happening and hope this makes sense.

You gave me three things to do to disable the login so I would go straight through without having to login. Here is how it went down.

GSCONFIG - I put this: # Caution! Only use for testing in local environments or with alternative security measures
define('GSALWAYSLOGGEDUSER','administrator');

All was fine

Went to admin/inc/cookie_functions.php, - I put this: if (defined('GSALWAYSLOGGEDUSER')) return TRUE;

just after the line that said this: function cookie_check() {

Now, when I put this in the admin was gone and this is what I wanted, BUT, in firefox and IE when I created a new page I could only use HTML editor. the bar above the page that shows the text editor option so you don't have to use HTML was gone. But, in Chrome it was still there.

Then I did the third step Edit admin/inc/common.php, line 122 (blank line). Paste this:
if (defined('GSALWAYSLOGGEDUSER')) $_COOKIE['GS_ADMIN_USERNAME'] = GSALWAYSLOGGEDUSER;

When I did this step the editor went away in chrome as well.

To reiterate, this was a fresh install of GS Version 3.1.2 and made only changes that you told me to make and no other changes when all of this happened.

So basically, your patch worked in the way I didn't have to login anymore but, somehow removed the WYSIWYG.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Back to the other thread, then.
ohspublishing Wrote:just after the line that said this: function cookie_check() {
...try putting that line at the top of the script.
eatons Wrote:...try putting that line at the top of the script.

What script? What do you mean?

If this is related to the core patch, please post on the other thread.