Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple Next Version
Agreed on a spiffy new contact form.
Back on the topic of the next version:

Was looking at SEO - meta keywords are no longer used by any search engines, time to leave them out of Page Options?

Can the GS generated sitemap list blog posts or News Manager posts?
They are not used for ranking, keywords are indeed still used and relevant for other things including internal tags.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Timbow: most of Mvlcek's i18n plugins use keyword as additional controllers
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
Hey Mike - I didn't see this in the latest version (3.2.0) and there are still issues with IE 10. Was it pushed back to another release?

(2013-02-13, 05:17:27)n00dles101 Wrote: @patriotmedia, the problem is with the current version of ckeditor with ie10.

The newest version of ckeditor v4 does work fine. Which will be included in the next release.
Next major release. I think I corrected this later on.
This is already done in v3.3 in the master branch on github if you want to test it.

What exactly are the issues maybe we can patch it.
Off the top of my head... Without compatibility mode: Enter key doesn't work, backspace key doesn't work. With compatability mode: Layout changes, spaces in the editor are double size. Using break spacing gets you paragraph spacing, paragraph spacing gets you double spacing.

Will look at it. I did test the v4 demo on the CKeditor site and it works perfectly... What's the estimated timeframe for the next major release?

(2013-04-05, 02:00:35)shawn_a Wrote: Next major release. I think I corrected this later on.
This is already done in v3.3 in the master branch on github if you want to test it.

What exactly are the issues maybe we can patch it.
Ok so key listener broken in IE10 or something similar
Right-click menus broken as well.

(2013-04-05, 07:33:15)shawn_a Wrote: Ok so key listener broken in IE10 or something similar
Shawn: any chances that components will get an enabled/disabled option, and will be split into stand-alone, but cached files ?
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/487

There is another discussion about component files here in snippets, I will split it off into a new issue probably.
https://github.com/GetSimpleCMS/GetSimpleCMS/issues/507

They are not milestones yet, as they have not been prioritized or discussed at any length. Plus some discussion as to preserving backward compatibility is needed as well, that is components.xml and component files.
I'm glad you haven't forget about this. There are tons of more important things, but I was lately thinking about some plugins, based on some kind of a component functionality.
But since components might get some upgrades, future plugins will surely benefit from it.
And some hooks for themes and plugins to register their own components is another feature.
(2013-04-27, 09:45:56)shawn_a Wrote: And some hooks for themes and plugins to register their own components is another feature.
Unified solution for theme settings (a settings.php file like functions.php ?) would also come in handy to provide customization possibilities.
But that has been already pointed, and its not the main thing I wanted to suggest.
Another small tweak goes to language names from drop down list in settings.
Instead of taking translation file name, dropdown list should show native language names, taken from variables inside translation, and somehow cached.

btw. encoding in extensions description is again fked up Sad
I suppose it appeared during migration to new webhost.
Love this CMS. It is probably the best.

I'd like to see the following:
  • Navigation items independent of unordered list element. Adding <ul> and <li> to the code yourself is not difficult, although I am speaking from a developer viewpoint, more than a non-tech viewpoint.
  • Page-level noindex, nofollow control.
  • A GOOD contact solution. Contact forms are very much a stock standard on websites. It would be sweet to see a pluggable contact module for GS, one that is style independent.
  • Why not make dyn pages part of the core install?
Thanks, john, All of those are already on 3.3 roadmap.
cept contactable.
(2013-07-03, 02:39:30)shawn_a Wrote: Thanks, john, All of those are already on 3.3 roadmap.
cept contactable.

Great stuff! Look forward to seeing it.
Long time ago there were some requests for new features in backups.
Is there anything listed on roadmap ?
From things I remind myself, there were requests for sorting backups by date, and showing author of last page edit (from 3.2 it's shown in page edit mode below textarea).

btw. while GS is going to get a true support for multiaccount, and setting a flag while editing a page is going to be in, a list of logged in users would be great. If a page is being edited, pages list could also show who is editing the page atm.
No, I know of no backup feature requests, nor are there any feature requests on github by anyone.

Yeah multi account will probably need asset locking of sorts as well.
One more thing, if I may be so bold.

How's about giving components their own top nav button, instead of hiding it on the theme page, in the sidebar?
The theme and components should also be in backup.

Admin Main menu + sub menu's edit with links/files/pages -anything from the web.
So that means you don't have to find files/component exactly on their places, you can put them in short-menus elsewhere.
backup folder or backup archives?
Components are in both already, and themes are backed up to archives.
Please explain.

Also I have no idea what the second part means.
Do you mean custom menus? Scheduled for 3.3 already.
(2013-07-19, 06:14:10)shawn_a Wrote: backup folder or backup archives?
Components are in both already, and themes are backed up to archives.
Please explain.

In section Backups, there is Page Backups and Website Archives. I mean Page Backups, so It would be nice if it would backup the theme and components as well, if you make an edit. Website Archives is manual.

Quote:Also I have no idea what the second part means.
Do you mean custom menus? Scheduled for 3.3 already.

I mean custom admin menu's. So you can make menu items to any page/url you like, in the admin section.
I couldn't find the 3.3 schedule list, sorry.
I was searching for simple CMS,
and now I found Get Simple and I like it.

I want to extend GS, but i must learn the structure of code.
It need time.

I want to request some features:

1. Ability to create Post (not only page)
Post is like blog entry, user can ad many posts.

2. Ability to add and edit Category and Tag of Post.

3. Built-in Contact Form

4. Built-in Image Manager
User can insert images to Album, then we can show the
album in Page or Post.

I hope GS developers can add this features in next version.

Thanks.
Mike / Shawn: have you been wondering about adding an ajax save to tinymce ?
Just found out that every time I save, wait for reload and scroll to the place I've been before save makes me a bit nervous.

Useful thread about a plugin for ckeditor:
http://ckeditor.com/forums/Plugins/Autos...-Save-AJAX