Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What has a hoster to do?
I read the wiki about the hosters and there problems, i run different website, like Joomla, Wordpress, CMS MAde simple, Prestashop and OScommerce, but i still can not figure it out why i can not install this very lite cms program?

I run to the same problem as a lot of users here, and thats the file permission, offcourse i changed it to 777 and offcourse i didnt do the trick.

For me its to easy to say i run another program or go to another hoster, i just want a solution so i can tell it to my hoster, because i really dont know the anwser on this one?

Greetings,

Marcel
Marcel,

mrozendaal Wrote:but i still can not figure it out why i can not install this very lite cms program?

as we do not know which hoster you are on and what are your problems when installing, nobody here can give any suggestions or hints...

1) what is the result of the server-check when you install?
2) which problematic situation do you run in?

give us more info and we will try to help!

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
GetSimple is not too complex but it uses modern technologies and if a provider has not kept their server updated or has something incorectly configured in a way that isn't standard then it won't work right.
Permissions are the major issue.

Who is your hosting provider? If you need a hosting provider that has everything configured correctly for GetSimple you can use my hosting (link in my sig).
Why can you not, what the error or issue?
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I'm assuming he's referring to either a problem saving settings or a problem after installation it gives the error regarding being unable to delete installer files.
@mrozendaal

Did you install those other CMSes yourself (uploading by ftp/cpanel/whatever, running installation...), or with the help of Fantastico or a similar script?
Marcel,

you got 5 answers, what is the situation now?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie,

As you can read, i can not install the cms because of a chmod problem, i know this is a hoster problem, well thats what you guys tell my, but what is the problem with those hosters?, what do they have to change to get this to work.

I load all my file trough ftp, never had problems, sometimes Prestashop give a prob with refreshing the page after you chmod the files off prestashop.

So i can not see the server check, because the install will not continue.

All files owned by my, and not apache

So the server runs Apache 2.2.21, with DA PHP 5.2.17 (i know there is a newer version)

I try the latest version of Get Simple

Thanks for your offer shovenose, but thats to easy.

Sorry for my late reply

Greetings,

Marcel
Have you tried following the instructions it providers?
user owners can also cause problems.
AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You may also need to recursively CHMOD the folder /data/ to 755 if your host doesn't set it implicitly.

Thats it, i just chmod the maps instead recursively now it waork like a charm.

Stuppid of me not to read the wiki!!!

So my hoster is oke to put GetSimpel on hahahaha

Thanks,

Marcel
good that it works for you now!
|--