Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cant add image in the page editor
I've recently put getsimple on One.com hosting:
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/31806/#p31806

and I got another problem:
Somehow I can not add pictures to the pages. I can set the imagelocation just fine but it previews a red cross instead of the picture and adds no picture when clicking ok.

The files are there tho.

I uncommented "Options -Indexes" in .htaccess and I have these plugins installed atm:
I18N Base - Internationalize content based on slug/URL names
I18N - Multilevel navigation & breadcrumbs (I18N enabled)

so I went into "/data/uploads" and also uncommented "Options -Indexes" in the .htaccess there. And now the pictures work.

So my question is: How does uncommenting this "Options -Indexes" affect my getsimple website. Do I need to be constantly changing all the .htaccess files in the different folders of getsimple?
dikkewalter Wrote:So my question is: How does uncommenting this "Options -Indexes" affect my getsimple website. Do I need to be constantly changing all the .htaccess files in the different folders of getsimple?

I am really wondering why this option is not allowed by your hoster.

I learned that a server lists the content of a directory if there is no index.html / index.htm or index.php....
so "options -indexes" hinders this listing of files, that is a good security option, because nobody should see all files of a directory

To use this statement is a standard. I wonder what the reasons of your hoster are not to allow that.

What to do? You had to deactivate this directive. This means that now the content of your directory can be visible to everybody. I suggest to put an index.htm-file into these folders to hinder that

please ask your hoster seriously about his reasons and if you have an answer it would be good for our hosters-speciality-lists
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
can you check that your settings->site URL corresponds to the url you use when going in as admin.

i.e if your site URL is : www.mysite.com
to access the admin your should use: www.mysite.com/admin
and not : mysite.com/admin

The two must match or the image insert does not work.
My Github Repos: Github
putting in a blank index.html-file in those directories to lock the map down? I could do that. For the rest its all way to complicated for me to follow through. I just want getsimple to work as intended on that crappy hostingprovider.
Test! sorry, please ignore me, I'm just testing...