Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
plugin for storing user input to a database
Hi I am new to GS CMS, can anyone tell me if we have a way of inputting user data fields, saving them to a database(mysql) and allowing user to view/edit/delete the data?

thanks
DJ
no

GS does not work with Databases, you can use and work with XML
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Connie Wrote:no

GS does not work with Databases, you can use and work with XML

Hey, if the question was:

Quote:Hi I am new to GS CMS, can anyone tell me if we have a way of inputting user data fields, saving them to xml and allowing user to view/edit/delete the data?

What is the answer then? I think it's interesting.
You can check out dmmatrix plugin. But you would have to code the user input part
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
(2012-10-26, 12:41:41)shawn_a Wrote: You can check out dmmatrix plugin. But you would have to code the user input part

Yes I was afraid of that..
What would you be using it for and how would it be retrieved?

I've thought about this too. It would be cool to have a database-like functionality for storing whatever you wanted in a sudo xml-database.

But then I hit the wall and cannot decide how best to approach the retrieval of the information (in the sense that a plugin like this seems to be a fix to a problem that doesn't yet exist). I think of things like storing item information or page data, but there are already plugins that do these things well.