Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CHMOD error on folder Data
Hi people,

i just write because I need your help.

I did this: (4.) You may also need to recursively CHMOD the folder /data/ to 755 if your host doesn't set it implicitly.

But still no permission. See attachment.

Please, sombody can help me on this?

Thx
GetSimple {INSTALLATION}

GetSimple 3.1.2 - {LATEST_VERSION}
PHP {VERSION} 5.3.3 - {OK}
Folder Permissions {ERROR} - {NOT_WRITABLE}
cURL Module {INSTALLED} - {OK}
GD Library {INSTALLED} - {OK}
ZipArchive {INSTALLED} - {OK}
SimpleXML Module {INSTALLED} - {OK}
Apache Mod Rewrite {INSTALLED} - {OK}
{REQS_MORE_INFO}

{KILL_CANT_CONTINUE} {REFRESH}
I have worked on one host, it was easily.co.uk that just didn't allow you to alter permissions through your ftp program, only by email to support. It caused me grief and confusion because I thought I had done the chmod procedure and things on the site just weren't working.

Don't know if that is your problem
Thank you!
I just proceeded to write to technical support, I look forward answer.

Will post the answer as soon as possible!

Ceers
To resolve this problem I had to set all folders to 777 and so everything works!
But I guess I have little protection of the site... I can't leave all the files in 777

With only the data folder does not work... what exactly are the folders and files to CHMOD set at 755?

What do you recommend?

Thank you very much for your help :o)

Greetings

EDIT: when I put 755 permissions manually on the host was ok, the hosting technical support were not able to help me and they advised me to put in 777
Please make sure you have it at 777 during installation, also that the host has set the currect "owner" for the files if that does not correct it.
Change everything back, do not use 777 on all files permanently as it's a major security risk.