Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Content goes garbled when toggling "Source" in WYSIWYG editor
I've got a weird problem occuring with GetSimple's WySIWYG editor where any content that is in there becomes garbled when I click the "Source" button. You can see what I mean in this animated GIF where I click the "Source" button four times, each time the content is changed a little differently.

I've tried in multiple browsers and can't figure out why this happens when it worked fine for almost a year before hand without any changes made. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.
Did you try to reupload all ckeditor files again, and disable entities ?
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
wow, never saw that before.
Maybe some internationalization issue or charset.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
yojoe Wrote:Did you try to reupload all ckeditor files again, and disable entities ?
Yes, I uploaded the ckeditor files again and unfortunately that didn't fix it. What does disabling entities involve?
Could you please try downloading a fresh copy of GetSimple, then installing it to a different directory of your site, and see if the issue is still occuring? thanks
I just realised it was an older version (GetSimple 3.0) so I updated the install to the lastest version and it's fixed! No idea where it went wrong since it was working just fine for most of a year but all sorted now nonetheless.
Glad you got it working and yes, you definitely always want to keep GetSimple updated to the latest version for the best security and performance and bugfixes. And that goes for all CMS, whether it's GetSimple or WordPress or Joomla or whatever Smile