Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Installation-Problem
Hi,
big problem will not let me install my GetSimple properly right from the start, maybe somebody can give me a hint?

- download the latest version 2.0
- unzipped the file
- got a neat folder called "getsimple" and upload it via ftp to my server
- checked folder permissions - all set to 755, so OK
- checked my providers PHP-support. It says PHP4/5
- I navigate by browser to the folder "getsimple" but get this error message:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /usr/home/oilco/public_html/GetSimple/admin/inc/basic.php on line 104

Checked out faq`s but didn`t find a solution.
Where did I fail?
Thank You!
Hi,
Are you sure you are using PHP 5 on your server ?
2 things to know/check :
- requirements for GS (minimum php 5.1.3) are here : http://get-simple.info/download
- when you post about errors or warnings try to give full details on your configuration. (maybe some php extensions are not installed ?)

Bye.
Sharing is human real nature...
That error is because of the PHP version not being at least 5.1.3... you hit it right on the head with your guess SuperYMS
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
Thank you guys,
I got it.
Michael
Who doesn't use PHP 5 now?
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
hi I've got the same probleme with get simple 2.0 , I m a 1and1 host user, how could I resolve the probleme I've tryed to,put
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php in my .htacces but it doesn't work !
Is someone could helping me
thks
@camikat, if the AddType does not work it probably means you do not have access to PHP 5 on your server. Check your server specs and contact your hosting provider about that. There is nothing we can do if PHP 5 is not installed on your hosting.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
@zegnat

I've got the solution, I'm very surprise you don't have it !

So for any newbies, just paste in .htacess at the root of your website made in Getsimple V 2.0 the following code :
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php .php3 .php4 .htm .html

Everything would be fine !
As you can see on that demo site http://www.demo.adeodesign.com/evenement/ installed with Get Simple V2.0

Anyway, many thanks to the team for the excellent work on that CMS
camikat Wrote:just paste in .htacess at the root of your website made in Getsimple V 2.0 the following code :
AddType x-mapp-php5 .php .php3 .php4 .htm .html

I did know that solution, it’s just that you said you couldn’t use it:

camikat Wrote:I've tryed to put AddType x-mapp-php5 .php in my .htacces but it doesn't work!
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Sorry for the misunderstanding, when I've first added the code , it really doesn't work because I've added in the wrong directory...
But why I haven't found that ad somwhere on your forum or your site ? Smile