Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wikipedia Article on GetSimple
(2013-06-11, 08:27:12)shawn_a Wrote: Cause I'm the one fixing it, you want me to prioritize my time to doing piddly shit instead?

No, but users like you and Mikeh seems to respond on this topic with info what's wrong but doing nothing about it. If you're not going to fix it, at least give some info what should be written instead. I don't have technical info on what should be on that page. allthough I would probably remove some unnecessary stuff, like the whole "Disadvantages" -part and the demographics and metrics stuff, if that is good enough I can do that.
We post because we want some one to volunteer to be the custodian of it.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
Well I am not volunteering to be custodian of it but I do edit Wikipedia and I might take a look at it one day. it is getting out of date.

Are there any recent references I can use - books, magazines, reviews, statistics? something better than an individual's opinion or a blog post?
Tim: Shawn or Chris could share some statistics (visits & downloads). You could also try to ask opensourcecms.com for some stats.

btw. there's something wrong with v3.1.2 demo, as created pages do not show on page's list.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
(2013-06-24, 19:50:45)yojoe Wrote: Tim: Shawn or Chris could share some statistics (visits & downloads). You could also try to ask opensourcecms.com for some stats.
I will do so. Ta.
Looking here:
http://w3techs.com/technologies/details/...le/all/all
[Image: cm-getsimple]
Massive increase in use in the Merry Month of May. Why? Anyone?
No clue but we have have a lot of new members I've noticed anecdotally.
But Wikipedia needs to be very basic, it does not need information that is subject to change like stats bugs and security crap. It's supposed to be encyclopedic. Factual and logic based.
NEW: SA Admin Toolbar Plugin | View All My Plugins
- Shawn A aka Tablatronix
I have been through it (wikipedia) and made some changes. Goes without saying that anyone can alter it if they want.

The stuff which is much more badly in need of updating is on this site, the mission statement and roadmap.

BTW that chart above is showing GS usage doubled in the last three months.