Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
problema during installation... infinite loop [SOLVED]
Hello everyone,
I have a strange problem when installing getsimple 2.0. In practice, once the data elements required by the page setup, the procedure returns to the install.php page. This procedure is repeated endlessly. Every time the mail is sent with the password generated randomly.

I set permission to all folders to 777 and the install.php page does not display any error Sad
hhmm... are there any .xml files in your /data/other folder?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
ccagle8 Wrote:hhmm... are there any .xml files in your /data/other folder?

yes, 5 xml file (user,website,cp_settings etc.) and a folder

On same hosting I have installed the version 1.71 without problems
I solved the problem, it was a problem in php.ini. Magic_quotes_runtime was ON Big Grin
wow - how did you figure that one out?
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
For some reason it was activated a week ago on my VPS. I noticed because other sites were not working correctly! Smile
^ Sounds like someone on your server is running an outdated script. That doesn't mean there are security issues, but it makes you ponder.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
I have the same problem as above, after installation script runs correctly, but after changing admin password it goes into infinite loop (url /admin/admin/admin/admin/.....). I tried to turn off Magic_quote_runtime in .htaccess "php_flag magic_quotes_runtime off", but now server returns error 500.

Any ideas?
I had that loop once, but in my case it was (for some odd reason) caused by GetSimple running on localhost:8888 and the script trying to point me to just localhost.

You might want to give a little more details on your server setup. Otherwise, check whether you’re being pointed to the right domain, you can change this in /data/other/website.xml.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
You were right about the file, but the problem was not the domain but the site name. There was polish diacritic in the site name and it was changed to HTML entity. I removed the HTML entity and it works just fine.
Hi!

This happened also to me, I have one working getsimple installation, (in folder /getsimple) and I once I installed other in /getsimple_2 and changed the password, it crashes.

I've got the same mail for both of them...
I wonder why all files cannot be default in utf-8? I think that will solved many multilanguage problems
kotos.net - webdesign / dtp / graphics / photography
@kotos: I’ll look into whether I can mass convert all the GetSimple files to UTF. Still, the problem here is also related to the way XML works and SimpleXML. I think just converting the data files to UTF-8 won’t fix it.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Well, just change admin/settings.php Line 60 from:

$SITENAME = htmlentities(cl($_POST['sitename']));

to:

$SITENAME =cl($_POST['sitename']);

and everything works fine.
SMYS Wrote:I have the same problem as above, after installation script runs correctly, but after changing admin password it goes into infinite loop (url /admin/admin/admin/admin/.....). I tried to turn off Magic_quote_runtime in .htaccess "php_flag magic_quotes_runtime off", but now server returns error 500.

Any ideas?

I have the same issue (Windows 7, Xampp server, magic_quotes_runtime is off, I've tried urls to GetSimple https://localhost/getsimple and http://localhost:8080/getsimple). Changing of 'admin/settings.php Line 60' doesn't help.

Any ideas?
ccagle8 Wrote:hhmm... are there any .xml files in your /data/other folder?

i got some problem to install GetSimple on my localhost. it's a "SERVER ERROR!" and "Error 500".
and didn't got any .xml file in "/data/other" folder. i download "GetSimple_3.0" package.

what to do now??
harisurbd Wrote:i got some problem to install GetSimple on my localhost. it's a "SERVER ERROR!" and "Error 500".
and didn't got any .xml file in "/data/other" folder. i download "GetSimple_3.0" package.

what to do now??

1) it is no good idea to jump on an old post, why not start a new one?
2) if it is a local server it is easy to delete the complete installation and start anew

3) which local server are you using?
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18