Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turn text into links
First of all I'm using the most current version of GS. And I am using the default template. I just learned how to edit the content on the right column. What I would like to know is how to turn the text in to a URL link?

And another question to go along with this... Is the code used BB code? If so I'm guessing that I could use "bracket url bracket, bracket, /url to turn the text into a link.

Thanks for taking the time to read
You would use html in the sidebar. <a href="http://google.com/">google</a>
Thank you. I was just coming back to say I figured it out. I already have one link working, but maybe some other new person will benefit from your answer.

thanks shovenose
Glad you got it figured out!
Jumper.

all the templates are based on HTML, including PHP-snippets, no BB or other markup is used.

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Thank you Connie for the information. I'm getting use to GS pretty quick. All the default items on the right side of the default template are now links to different places or areas. I even learned how to open the page in a new tab using "target = _blank". What an odd way to do it but it works (smile)

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it. I'm sure I will be back with more dumb questions (smile).

jumper

(2012-11-03, 18:05:41)Connie Wrote: Jumper.

all the templates are based on HTML, including PHP-snippets, no BB or other markup is used.

Cheers, Connie
(2012-11-03, 23:41:32)jumper Wrote: Thank you Connie for the information. I'm getting use to GS pretty quick. All the default items on the right side of the default template are now links to different places or areas. I even learned how to open the page in a new tab using "target = _blank". What an odd way to do it but it works (smile)

Thank you all for your help. I really appreciate it. I'm sure I will be back with more dumb questions (smile).

jumper

(2012-11-03, 18:05:41)Connie Wrote: Jumper.

Cheers, Connie
lol, no problem, that's what we're here for.
Would you mind looking at my question about the Light Box? Things just turned to... well, you know.

thanks
Jumper,

when you posted your other problem already, there is no need to post this here ...

as most of us check "new posts" they and we will see that posting ... and your posting here lets people think your first problem is not solved ...

Cheers, Connie
|--

Das deutschsprachige GetSimple-(Unter-)Forum:   http://get-simple.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=18
Ok Connie... sorry about that. Will remember that in the future.
(2012-11-04, 23:29:42)jumper Wrote: Ok Connie... sorry about that. Will remember that in the future.

I don't mind you doing that. I would have missed the light box post otherwise.
@Connie: as long as he doesn't paste the entire problem in this thread it's a ll good Smile