Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GetSimple CMS v2 Installation
Hi there. I'm having some trouble installing GetSimple v2. Initially I was getting a blank page. On previous versions, others having the same problem were told to comment out lines in the file admin/inc/functions.php, but the lines mentioned are no longer there. I believe I found them in admin/install.php (lines 125-146) and when I comment them out, I got an error message that I needed to set permissions to 755 on the 'data' and 'backups' directory, which I did (including all files and subfolders). Now all I am getting is what is in the attached screenshot.

The server includes:

Apache 2.2.3 (with mod_rewrite loaded)
PHP v5.16 (with SimpleXML and STMP server, but NOT mod_write)

Is this because I don't have mod_write enabled? I can't change anything about the PHP distribution (it's not my server), so if this is the problem, is there any way around it?

Thanks a lot!

- Chris
Just to follow up:

I was able to "solve" my problem by commenting out lines 125-146 (which deals with salt) and lines 170-182 (which deals with curl). Hopefully that doesn't introduce any security problems! I just thought I'd let everyone know in case someone else runs into the problem as well.

- Chris
@astroislife - this wont cause any problems with security as long as you uncomment out the customsalt defined variable inside /path/to/getsimple/gsconfig.php
- Chris
Thanks for using GetSimple! - Download

Please do not email me directly for help regarding GetSimple. Please post all your questions/problems in the forum!
astroislife Wrote:Hi there. I'm having some trouble installing GetSimple v2. Initially I was getting a blank page.
Also have this problem. (2.01)
astroislife Wrote:Hi there. I'm having some trouble installing GetSimple v2. Initially I was getting a blank page.

Same problem here with v2.01...
Likewise, also having this problem with the new version. Can't seem to resolve it, either, so I've stopped endorsing GetSimple to clients for now.
There shouldn’t be any installation problems, anyone turned on PHP errors and can tell us what’s going wrong?
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
Installing on www.free.fr hosting, with PHP 5 enabled (PHP Version 5.1.3RC4-dev):

Notice: Undefined variable: SITEURL in /.../admin/inc/common.php on line 87

Notice: Undefined variable: SITENAME in /.../admin/inc/common.php on line 90

Notice: Undefined variable: LANG in /.../admin/inc/common.php on line 108

Notice: Use of undefined constant PATHINFO_FILENAME - assumed 'PATHINFO_FILENAME' in /.../admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Warning: pathinfo() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /.../admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Notice: Use of undefined constant PATHINFO_FILENAME - assumed 'PATHINFO_FILENAME' in /.../admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Warning: pathinfo() expects parameter 2 to be long, string given in /.../admin/inc/plugin_functions.php on line 26

Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /.../admin/inc/template_functions.php on line 480
Ran into this same issue with PHP 5.1.6. Upgrade to PHP 5.2.* or higher, and the problem will be solved.
Or this :
http://get-simple.info/forum/post/6261/#p6261