Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Academic Site using Getsimple
So here's a site I put together using GetSimple:

http://www.toeflresources.com/

I'm quite happy with the CMS. It's... simple. My site is an index page an a collection of a half-dozen articles each with a few illustrations.

Am thinking about trying out a table of contents plugin and perhaps the "blog" plugin I recall seeing in the "extend" collection.
It's totally good. Clear. Uncluttered. Organised. And with the blog and the easy editing the site changes, people come back to see what's new, you rank higher on google... Nice Job.

The only Comment I have is that you might explain what TOEFL and IBT is on the front page. I thought I knew what TOEFL is, but knew it as TEFL. It took me a minute's clicking and page scanning before I could confirm for myself what the site was even about.
Thanks for the kind words!

You're right, I should define TOEFL a bit better. It's best to make sure that people find what they are looking for... and that people who are looking for something else don't waste their time.

Meanwhile, I need to go back and change the few times that I used bold as a header to, I guess, use an h5 header which ends up looking the same and can show up in a table of contents.

For the record: TOEFL is the name of a specific English proficiency test used mostly by North American and Asian universities for admissions. TEFL just refers to the practice of English language teaching.
TOEFL Resources: My GetSimple based site!