Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no login
Hi everyone, I have an art site using GS where I can showcase my work, but it's also a landing page to get to an artist forum (probably the most important part). Since the forum has a register and sign up form of it's own, is there anyway to take the login part of GS out.

I must say though, that I don't even know if I'm getting the login page for the admin section or what? Do you have to register or sign up for a page made with GS?

Can someone enlighten this poor (dumb) soul?

thanks,
jumper
Hello, you will want to edit the PHP of GetSimple CMS to autheticate the login with the forum.
"I must say though, that I don't even know if I'm getting the login page for the admin section or what? Do you have to register or sign up for a page made with GS?"

Not for a page MADE with GS, ... only for making pages IN GS.
I'm assuming that the artist forum is on a different web site.!?
The forum is in a sub-directory on my server. I have a link to it on the main page of GS. I have one other page on the GS site and that's to view my gallery.

Also, I have NO idea how to sync the logins with the forum.

thanks for your comments and questions... I appreciate it.

I may have to rethink the whole design of my site.

(2012-11-10, 03:36:52)eatons Wrote: "I must say though, that I don't even know if I'm getting the login page for the admin section or what? Do you have to register or sign up for a page made with GS?"

Not for a page MADE with GS, ... only for making pages IN GS.
I'm assuming that the artist forum is on a different web site.!?
Look at the Multi-user plugin, i think this may help. You will have to setup a re-direct by adding to your 'functions.php' file.
Try adding the plugin linked to your landing page, then find the sign-in function for the forum, copy to your functions.php [inside your theme folder - GS uses this file first] change the path so it can use the Mult-user.

I have not done this, ... so your on your own. Hope this helps.

[http://get-simple.info/extend/plugin/multi-user/133/]
This sounds a little tough for me, but I will try and look at it. Are you saying to copy the functions.php file from Mybb forum into the GS section where the same file exists (don't know if one exists or not). I will see if I will try the plugin, maybe some of it's instructions will help.

thanks.
Now that i see you are using 'myBB' forum, the solution to your problem may lay with 'myBB' itself.
... but first i need to know if the page(s) holding your gallery on your GS site need to be viewable ONLY for registered members of your forum?