Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
multicolumn site
Anyone have idea how to implement GS to these multicolumn layouts?
I have no idea how to move text from one to another column ???
any sugestions?
[Image: multicolumn.jpg]
kotos.net - webdesign / dtp / graphics / photography
I guess you could change the HTML content of the pages by going out of the editor.
Other wise you could probably create a plugin that gives you two different content editors per page. I don’t think there is any smart way to make your theme split the page content over two columns.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
All that can be done with one editable page. Just set the height of the content element and it will wrap around... well, with some more stuff of course.
Clients always want to be able to change the content of their pages, but they are unwilling to do so.

Have you ever coded in your underwear before?
Do you know YAML? It's a kind of multicolumn CSS framework, which allows you to arrange the content very flexible, especially when you're using "subtemplates".

Just a few minutes ago i've found this: GSYAML! It' a way to use YAML-Layouts with GetSimple. Smile
There's an installation guide, too, but unfortunately this all seems to be available only in German. :/
I’d like them to see update their system to GetSimple 2, especially so they can use the plugin capabilities instead of patching the GetSimple 1.7 core. We will not advice you to use an outdated GetSimple versions due to publicly known security issues.

fireflower Wrote:There's an installation guide, too, but unfortunately this all seems to be available only in German.
Well, a 9-step plan can probably be translated pretty easily. I believe there are in fact enough people around here that know German.
“Don’t forget the important ˚ (not °) on the a,” says the Unicode lover.
Help us test a key change for the core! ¶ Problems with GetSimple? Be sure to enable debug mode!
I handle multi-section pages using n00dles101's awesome plugin CustomFields.
Modern UI Admin for GetSimple
Watch the demo. Install this plugin. Use this CSS. Enjoy.