Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
do you have an idea how to make menu with pictures representing tabs?
HI

I have following issue,

I need to build website with submenu which is not a standard menu but just a set of pictures on the website.
When you click on the picture you should be taken to the specific page of your websites.

This kind of solutions are used rather for e-shops,
But just wanted to know if some one of you knows how to attach the subject or which plugin use to do it.

under that link you can see example of website with menu possible to enter by pictures.

http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/prev...ptemplate/

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
(2012-12-01, 02:00:24)marcinw Wrote: HI

I have following issue,

I need to build website with submenu which is not a standard menu but just a set of pictures on the website.
When you click on the picture you should be taken to the specific page of your websites.

This kind of solutions are used rather for e-shops,
But just wanted to know if some one of you knows how to attach the subject or which plugin use to do it.

under that link you can see example of website with menu possible to enter by pictures.

http://www.freewebsitetemplates.com/prev...ptemplate/

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

You could try using the Items Manager plugin. It may do what you're looking for.
You should be able to do those inside the CKEditor.
Load the image into the page, … then set the link to the appropriate page.
Make sure you're using the full URL for your link.
... i hope this helps!
Not too sure exactly which bit you are stuck on.

You would create your target pages in the normal way, but just don't add them to the navigation menu. Then create a link to each page with ordinary html, or as eatons says using the ckeditor.

The hardest part is laying out your images in a grid. You can use a table. People will frown at misuse of a table but it's probably the most straightforward way. I have never used the Items Manager Plugin.
(2012-12-01, 02:00:24)marcinw Wrote: HI

I have following issue,

I'm not quite sure what exact menu you are talking about, but i198n menu plugin adds to every menu item its own class.
Thus if you name your page "page1" and enable "add to menu item" with same name, this menu items gets a class "page1" and you are able to stylize it in the way you want using css.
Addons: blue business theme, Online Visitors, Notepad
(2012-12-01, 02:00:24)marcinw Wrote: I need to build website with submenu which is not a standard menu but just a set of pictures on the website.

Or you can use the I18N Custom Fields plugin with a custom field 'image' and then use custom navigation rendering with the I18N plugin using this 'image'.
I18N, I18N Search, I18N Gallery, I18N Special Pages - essential plugins for multi-language sites.