Poll: How helpful would a dev environment wiki/tutorial be for you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Very helpful.
25.00%
1 25.00%
Of some use.
75.00%
3 75.00%
Could care less.
0%
0 0%
You should know this by now. (try Google)
0%
0 0%
Stop wasting our time!
0%
0 0%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Practices Dev Environment
First, I want to offer a sincere 'Thank You' to the GetSimple community and developers. I have enjoyed my experience with GetSimple thus far and have successfully implemented a simple site.

However, I would like to work more extensively with the platform and have multiple web projects in the pipeline. I think that GetSimple will likely be the platform of choice for future development.

With that said, I would like to know the best practices for setting up a dev environment for GetSimple. I have a huge mess on my dev machine (mostly due to my ADHD tendencies). I have Eclipse, Aptana, Geany, XAMPP, a Window$ virtual machine with VisualStudio 2012, and a dozen other tools and components to add to my confusion/distraction.

I'm leaning towards focusing development efforts through Aptana Studio. What I'd appreciate is if anyone has a setup guide available for PHP/GetSimple development and best tools/practices?

This might be a bit much for this forum, and undoubtedly outside the scope of simple support for a web project. I understand this, but would appreciate any feedback for PHP noob.

A Wiki entry on setup of dev environments and best practices would be great. Again, outside the scope of specific support here, but would be very helpful.

Best regards,

Jeremiah

p.s. I'm also very interested in LESS or SASS and would like to set up the dev environment to take advantage of it.